Chapter 19: Perspective

~ Soichiro Yagami's POV ~

The house felt lonely without Light. His absence had had a significant toll on Sachiko as he would sometimes arrive to find her weeping soundlessly. Although he couldn't fully empathise with his wife, he managed to grasp that the bittersweet experience can be hard on the parents, especially when the firstborn moves out. After all those years of seeing their son daily, becoming almost entirely detached had brought about a sense of loss.

Light had been planning to move out to an apartment for a long time now, but after Higuchi's death, he had decided to remain at headquarters to intensify his focus on the Kira investigation.

Or so he says.

He was quite certain about his unexplained hunch. Perhaps it had something to do with how close L and Light seemed to be getting.

Almost too close, he thought, eyes narrowing. Something is up.

He had caught Light, his own son, share an absurd smile with L as they 'unintentionally' made eye contact. He couldn't decide which was worse; the smile, or the resulting faint reddening on Light's face. They also seemed less focused these days, for an unidentified reason.

I would never accept it.

I simply won't allow my son to date another man, whoever that may be.