04| Chaos

04| Chaos

      "Alright, everyone ready?" Lyn asked as the pilots in front of her started to fly away.

Despite trying to hurry and leave with the least amount of eyes on them, the ships still had to actually leave the hangar which would be easy to spot by the naked eye.

The marshaler started waving for the aircraft in front of Lyn to take off. A unison of Yes's came through the comms as Lyn nodded. She cleared her throat as she was getting ready to speak.

     "Captain—" Saanvi's voice chimed in. "—Before you begin, we told Admrial Raddus about what you do before every mission, and he loved it."

    "In fact—" Jett spoke. "—He loved it so much that he wanted us to patch you in into the main comms, so that everyone who is on a ship right now could hear it."

     Lyn raised her brows in surprise as a smile crept up on her. She had grown to hate speeches.....when she wasn't the one giving them. "You guys are the best you know that?" She said as everyone chimed in with yeah's. "Alright—" She chuckled. "—patch me in."

     "Greetings Lyn!" Admiral Raddus said. "I hear you have a few words? Don't choke you're just being broadcasted to the whole fleet." He played.

     Lyn chuckled as the marshaler waved for Lyn's squadron to take off. "Okay, going into this I wasn't aware of the range of whom I'd be speaking to, now I have to speak in a way that it makes sense." She lightly chuckled as her squadron took off from base, to meet with the fleet waiting above.

     "Alright, I got one for you guys." She said as if she was speaking just to her squadron. "We're going into this battle with others disapproving greatly, they ultimately decided that the rebellion doesn't take risks even when its sole existence could stand on the line......even if it's victory could stand on the line." She said as her squadron waited above with the fleet, for the other ships.

     "But ultimately we should understand their reasoning, they are being driven by fear, whereas us—we are driving that fear, we are helping them even when they don't believe it is possible. But listen, being fearless doesn't mean be stupid, have caution out there so you can see the change in things afterward, so you can see the awakening the galaxy is going to have, the galaxy will see that the Empire can be struck hard, and they will be fearless to take a stand." Lyn ended softly as she nodded her head as she took in her own words. "May the force be with you all." She added as she turned her side of the comms off.

     "Alright, Alright are we ready or what?" Layis spoke through the private comms.

     "Oh yeah." Lyn said as everyone agreed.

     Once the rest of the fleet had been ready, they took off into hyperspace. A few moments in, Admiral Raddus alerted everyone that they'd been sent even more backup, due to the rebels back home picking up chatter about Cassians group on Scarif.

Lyn felt better knowing it was more than just her wide range of peers she persuaded and volunteered rebels, it was now the vast majority of the Rebel fleet headed to Scarif. More firepower, more variety of ships, and more help, Lyn knew they had more than the means to victory, they just had to do it right.

     "This is Admiral Raddus, all squadron leaders report in!" He said over the main comms as the fleet quickly came out of hyperspace.

     "Blue leader, standing by."

     "This is Gold leader, standing by."

     "This is Red leader, standing by."

     "Brown leader, standing by."