The Back Story

Corey's POV
I was with Ileigha and then I saw my dad standing in my front yard. I walked down the stairs handed Ileigha to Patrick and walked outside. I stopped as I started to approach him. He looked happy to see me but I wasn't happy to see him.

"What are you doing here?" I kinda whispered.

"Listen it's been almost ten years and I am dying and I wanted to see my baby girl." He said with a slight smile.

"But dad I have a life and family and I don't want you here because of the last time we were together I ended up in the hospital."

-- Flashback --

"Dad I was with Kylie!"

"Get you little ass over here!"

"Dad let me go!" I screamed.

"Not until you tell me the truth!"

"I told you!"

He squeezed harder.

Harder.

Then I heard my arm snap.

"Why did you do that?!"

He then dropped me from his grip and stomped out of the house. I quickly called the police.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My dad hit and I broke my arm and he left!"

"Okay what's your address, the cops will be in their way now!"

"255 Brocklyn Lane"

End of phone call.

I don't even know what I did? He smelled like acahole and his eyes were bloodshot.

The police soon came and took me to the hospital. They later found my dad at his girlfriends house a couple hours away from me and my mom's house.

-- End of Flashback --

"I know and I feel terrible about and I learned my lesson just please give me a chance I only have a year til I die I just want to make things better?" He cried.

"Promise you won't hurt me or my family?"

"Promise."

"Okay so let's take you inside with my husband and baby girl."

We walked in and I saw Patrick in the kitchen giving Ileigha a bottle when he saw me and gave me a confused look.

"Patrick this is my mom Tom."

"Oh nice to meet you I'm Patrick." He said shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you too and you look quite farmiliar do I know you from somewhere?"

"I am in the rock band Fall Out Boy."

"Oh okay well then who is this beautiful baby girl?"

"Ileigha- our daughter."

My dad smiled as Patrick handed her to him.

Time passed and we talked and talked then we decided to go to dinner.

-- Later that Night --

After dinner my dad went back to his townhouse and Patrick, Ileigha and I went to the house to get ready for bed.

"Hey so meeting your dad was crazy and unexpected but I'm really glad we got to meet." Patrick said pulling up into the driveway.

"Yeah but there was I reason why you guys haven't met before and why I never mentioned it."

"Yeah well I know when your ready you will tell me." He said kissing my cheek.

We walked into the house and it was quite and peaceful. Patrick went to put Ileigha to bed and we were gonna watch a movie.

"Patrick what do you want to watch?"

"Is that even a question?" He said half laughing.

"Of course not! Ghostbusters it is!" I said while sitting in his lap.

The whole movie I wasn't even paying ate chine because I kept looking at Patrick and all of his feature.

"What are you looking at?" He said courisisly.

"Nothing just my amazing and hot husband." I said giggling.

"Oh well I might as well do the same to my beautiful wife." He said leaning for a kiss.

I gave in.

As soon as our lips connect and it gets deeper we here Ileigha crying.

"Always. I'll go get her." Patrick said laughing.