C H A P T E R O N E

TW: MENTIONS OF BLOOD
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Draco looked down at the blood splattered sink with a heaving chest and wide eyes. It wasn't the blood that was the startling part of this though - it was the pale yellow petal that shone underneath the dim hue of the bathroom light. It flickered with worry as the boy dared to look back up at his reflection.

Blonde curls were matted with sweat that dripped down on his forehead while dead, tired, silver eyes stared back at him. Blood prickled at the corner of his mouth and stained his, already uncomfortably flushed, cheeks. His throat burned with the dry air that his lungs happily accepted.

Yet he still felt like he couldn't breathe.

The world was mute and time had seemed to stop. He couldn't even hear the familiar squeal the rusty nobs of the sink gave as they were turned; throwing up water at a desperate rate just like Draco had done a few heartbeats ago. The boy watched as the red washed away, leaving the petal to drift towards the drain only to flutter against the current in retreat.

Draco swallowed, ignoring the way his throat stuck together as another dry breath was taken. “ What the hell is wrong with me? ” he found himself asking in a broken whisper. Almost unaware of the tears that surfaced and raced down his face. Almost.