C H A P T E R S E V E N

Hermione glanced up from her book once the portrait hole opened; her heart hammering in her chest upon seeing Harry.

A glare was carved into his features as he plopped himself down beside her on the couch.

“ You look upset about something... ” Hermione swallowed awkwardly. “ Malfoy? ”

Harry scoffed. “ Yeah, I wish. ”

The girl closed the book and set in on the coffee table in front of them. “ What happened then ? ”

“ Ginny happened ” Harry sighed, but when he turned his head to look at Hermione, he already found her staring at him with furrowed brows. Something strange prickled behind her eyes... Hope? Perhaps. “ It's just- She's been acting strange. Like, really strange. If she's not clingy as hell then she's completely disappeared. For hours ” the boy said, clearly annoyed. “ And whenever I ask her about it she gets all defensive. ”

Hermione bit her bottom lip and looked back at the book - an entire novel dedicated to fictional, or supposed fictional, diseases and how they are cured. It didn't do her any good, though. It only provided her with information she already knew.

The only thing she could manage to do for Draco at this point was brew him a potion or two to take away the pain and slow down the process... That still wouldn't change the outcome, though. No matter how many viles he could force down.

“ Perhaps she's just a little stressed with her classes and I'm overreacting ” Harry thought out loud.

“ Yeah... Probably. ”