C H A P T E R S I X

TW: MENTIONS OF BLOOD
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Pansy's eyes widened in shock. Perhaps even fear. She didn't want to think about a world where Draco was dead. Especially not because of some girl and a, supposed, fictional disease.

“ I'm sorry, Malfoy. There isn't anything else I could find ” Hermione said, her eyes casting to Pansy's. “ I'll see if I can find something to take away the pain, though. I know this must probably hu- ”

Draco began coughing, his eyes shutting in pain as pollen stuck to his throat and added to the rough texture of blood. The coldness of the stone floors felt almost soothing as he fell, a hand grasping to loosen his tie.

“ Oh Merlin- Granger, don't just stand there! ” Pansy growled, crouching down to, somehow, soothe the spluttering blond. Her face paled upon seeing the droplets of blood that had prickled at her hands. “ Draco, we have to get you to the hospital wi- ”

“ - No ” Draco shook his head. “ I-I'm fine. Just give me a minute... ”

Pansy bit the inside of her cheek, looking at Hermione with pleading eyes as the Gryffindor crouched beside Draco. She felt helpless as she placed Draco's life in the hands of Hermione know-it-all-Gryffindor-princess Granger.

“ Draco, if you want to be cured you're going to have to tell us who it is you're in love with ” Hermione stated with, the now permanent, furrowed brows. “ We can start from there and then figure out how to fix this. ”

“ It doesn't matter anyway ” Draco said. “ He doesn't love me back. If he did, I wouldn't be in this- ”

“ - he ? ” Pansy arched a brow, faking triumph with a cocky smirk. “ Draco, are you- ”

“ - no, I'm completely straight, Pans. That's why I'm in love with a bloody bloke ” Draco said sarcastically; it wasn't just the breathing that burned his throat anymore.

“ This isn't the time for sarcasm, Malfoy ” Hermione said angrily, throwing Pansy a half-hearted glare. “ Who is he? ”

The blond didn't answer. Was he really going to confess that the one person he has ever loved, was this girl's best friend? The exact same boy who he had bullied and tortured since their first meeting? Yes. Yes he was.

“ It's- it's Harry ” Draco said, another petal fluttering up from his lungs - allowing more flowers to bloom and claw at his insides.

“ Harry? ” Pansy scoffed in disbelief. “ As in Harry Potter? ”

Something softened in Hermione's eyes.

“ Draco, you have to tell him- ”

“ - No! ” He shook his head, his fear clear as day. “ I can't. And neither can you. ”

“ Draco- ” Pansy tried.

“ - Promise me that you won't tell him. Please? I- He can't find out ” Draco said, daring to look up at the worried girls crouched beside him. “ Ever. ”

Pansy sighed and, against her better judgement, agreed.

Hermione did too a few seconds later.