CHP 3: The Ridiculous Prologue

Time went by in the blink of an eye. Isabelle finished styling my hair and told me to look in the mirror, "Is it to your liking, my lady? " she asks, "It's lovely Isabelle, thank you, " I reply. Checking myself one last time in the mirror, I head downstairs.

"You look astounding, " duke or my father compliments me as I approach them, "You look impressive yourself, father, " I compliment him back. "Oh, you! You've gone completely on your mother. Bright and beautiful, " he says, making mother faintly blush, "If you folks have completed with all the flattery shall we head outside? " mom says, walking towards the door. Dad and I give each other a quick smile and follow her. All of us get inside the carriage and depart. I silently look at the fleeting scenery through the window rehearsing my lines for the prologue inside my head. I know what awaits me there, yet I feel so restless. It wasn't because I was fretting, more like I was curious.

"It seems that we have arrived, " mother's voice brought me back to reality. The carriage stopped at the palace entrance, and the coachman opened the door for us. As I stepped down, I was flabbergasted by the grand view of the palace. I'm living a dream life. I suddenly felt grateful to God for giving me this opportunity to experience and see such marvelous things. Uh wait, snap outta this! I have a prologue to finish. I follow my parents as they enter the palace.

As I walked, I looked at the furniture and decorations. How much does all this stuff even cost? We came to a halt at a huge double door on the right side where a palace guard stood. "Greetings, Duke Wright! Please enjoy your time, " the guard gave a heartfelt smile and opened the door. This is it, time to rock this game! I stepped inside the ballroom prepared. Oh wow, this is... I was taken aback again at the scene before me, ladies dressed in luxurious ballgowns, Men, wearing expensive suits and top hats. Why do I forget it's the 19th century every time. I sigh when I feel someone bump into me. Is this it!? My first LI Sebastian!?

I hurriedly turn my head to look at the person and apologize. "I'm extremely sor- " I stop in mid-sentence when I look at the person before me. Instead of Sebastian, a man in his mid 50's wearing a brown suit and top hat stands there. What in the world? "I sincerely apologize, dear! I was in hur- oh, are you by any chance? " he pauses for a moment, trying to recollect something. "Ah! Yes, of course! Aren't you Wright's daughter? I'm Duke Tom Harold, your father's childhood friend, " he says, tipping his top hat. I courteously bow to him, "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm (Y/N) " as the words leave my mouth, it takes me a moment to register what I did. I gave him my real name...I'm doomed. I nervously wait for him to say something when he smiles, "Of course, child! He talks about you all day. How could I not know your name! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm in a bit of a hurry, it was a pleasure to meet you in person! " he says and leaves me puzzled at what just happened.

I-How-What? Unable to comprehend, I go to the corner of the ballroom, trying to get myself together. Why wasn't it Sebastian? Was there any character named Harold even in the game? Why didn't he say anything when I gave him my own name instead of MC'S? "Is something wrong, lady (Y/N)? " hearing my real name, I shot my head upwards to see a tall man with pearl white hair and amethyst eyes looking at me, concerned. "Ash!? " I accidentally end up shouting his name due to being surprised, "Yes, It is me indeed. I am happy to hear that a pretty lady like you knows my name, " he states with a smile. I'm happier than you because you just said my real name. "It isn't that big of a task. After all, your name is nice and easy to remember! " I smile at him, "Nice? I wouldn't go that far, but thank you, " his voice was low and soothing as he spoke, "I must get going, enjoy your time, " he says and leaves.

Did I just meet Ash Landers!? OMG!!! He was so handsome! Not to forget, his voice was so soothing! And nothing is going as it should! How the heck did he know my real name, or rather, why is everyone not bothered by my name? I should be Lavender Wright, but here I am...and just how did I end up meeting Ash? Wasn't I supposed to meet him at last?

I sigh heavily, and my eyes wander around the ballroom, coming to a halt at one individual. On the opposite corner of the ballroom stood a tall man with raven black hair, golden eyes, and a distinctive face. "Claude Faustus, without a doubt, " I murmured to myself. He's very handsome, why did he have to die? As I gazed at him, his face turned in my direction and our eyes locked. At the very moment, it seemed as though time had stopped, and my heart skipped a beat. Ah, wait, no, he caught me staring at him, didn't he? At the sudden realization, I avert my gaze from him, my face still flushed. Way to go, he probably thinks I'm a creep now. Ahhhh why???????? I need a drink, and I need it quick.

I hastily go to the table with extravagant food and drinks. I carefully look at the drinks section hoping to find something non-alcoholic because the last thing I want is to get drunk and make a fool outta myself. "Are you looking for something particular? " I hear a deep voice and turn my head towards it, only to find 2 red orbs staring at me. S-Sebastian!? I manage to hold my squeal and answer in the calmest way possible, "Yes, I was looking for something non-alcoholic, " I try to put up my best smile possible, "Is it so? Then this might be the right one for you, " he hands me a pink colored drink. Looks alcoholic to me, but oh well, let's trust him, "Thank you! " I thank him, to which he doesn't seem to respond for a moment, what he doesn't take thanks? "You need not thank a mere butler like me, " he courteously bows before me and leaves.

This isn't right. How did the meeting order got messed up? I should have met Sebastian first, then Claude, after that Gre- wait, I haven't met Grell yet! I put the drink back on the table and ready to run outside, but the lights go off, darkening the whole room. Don't tell me!? Soon the sound and bright lights of the firework fill my ears and vision. No...I...It wasn't supposed to be like this. Feeling as though I might cry, I bite my lower lip to control myself. "I failed, I failed miserably, " I say as I stood there dejected.

Chp 3 End