CHP 7: Phantomhive Estate's Tree!?

The next morning I wake up refreshed. My day 1 went way better than I expected. I smile to myself and grab my diary, let's see what the game has to say.

2/1/1888

(HELL MODE)

WELCOME PLAYER,

DAY 1 REPORT IS NOW AVAILABLE

✡︎ You accepted your mother's offer, she will remember it.

✡︎ You met Grell Sutcliffe, congratulations on meeting all the love interests.

✡︎ You befriended Grell, it is now arduous to achieve his happy end.

✡︎ You decided to help Grell, his affinity has increased by 3%.

REPORT END

Page 3

"Are you kidding me? " this game is saying that befriending Grell has made his happy end harder to achieve. "What logic is this otome even applying!? " I slam the book shut and keep it back on the side table. There I was hoping to see something positive, but I guess we aren't fated to be. "Whatever, I have something more important than this today, " I get up from the bed and start preparing for my visit to Sebastian.

Around noon I hear, persistent taps on my bedroom window. I quickly open the windows and let Grell in, "Are we ready? " he asks excitedly. "Yes, sir! " I give him a salute, "Then let's go! " as I start to head towards the door, Grell abruptly lifts me up in his arms. "Grell!? " I look at him both, confused and embarrassed, "A faster way of commuting, darling! Now, hold onto me nicely because this ride is about to get turbulent! " he jumps off the window as soon as he finishes his statement. "EEEEEK! " oh my god! I didn't know princess carries could get like this! I close my eyes and tightly hug Grell, making sure to not fall.

"Hey, open your eyes. We are here, " Grell gently whispers in my ears. I open my eyes to find us on the branch of a tall tree inside the Phantomhive estate. Grell slowly and cautiously sets me down. "Do you see that man over there? That's him! " he points in a distance where I see Sebastian drying laundry. How could someone look so elegant while drying laundry? "Well then, time to visit Bassy! " without a warning, he jumps from the branch. "W-Wait! " I call to him, but he's already gone. Oh god! Trying my best to not look down, I cling to the tree bark so that I don't fall.

I look to where Sebastian is standing and see Grell pouncing on him, which he dodges smoothly, resulting in Grell bashing his face on the ground. "That must have hurt, " I continue to look at them, though I'm unable to hear anything. I don't get it. How will this help me understand Sebastian's personality? I shake my head in defeat. I shouldn't expect something well planned from Grell. From the looks of it, it seems like they are bickering again. "I can't hear a thing, " I try to lean forward, hoping to hear something, but end up slipping. "EEEK!!! " I don't wanna die like this! I close my eyes waiting to hit the ground, though that moment never comes.

"Good Afternoon, my lady, " my eyes shot open at Sebastian's voice. From Grell's arms to Sebastian's? Talk about luck. "Hi, uh, um, I can explain," I sheepishly look at him. "Will you put her down!? " Grell yells at Sebastian as he stomps towards us. "Quiet, Grell. Are you hurt anywhere? " Sebastian asks, with his stereotypical heart throbbing smile. "Yes, thanks to you, " I replied, smiling back. He then gently set me down, "What brings you to the Phantomhive estate's tree, my lady? " he sarcastically questions me without his smile fading. "I believe Grell can answer that better, right Grell? " I pass my question to Grell. Sebastian's eyes go back at him, demanding a good explanation.

"I just wanted her to see you! I swear it! And couldn't you even hold on to a tree!? " he says with panic and anger mixed in his voice as his eyes move back and forth between Sebastian and me. "You left me there without even listening to me! " I counter him back, "Well, that's...you should have known it! " his remark makes me even furious. "How on earth was I supposed to know that you would jump, leaving me there! " we continue to quarrel when suddenly a loud voice cuts in between. "Sebastian! What is going on!? I can't complete my work with all this commotion! " both Grell and I stop to see none other than Ciel Phantomhive coming towards us.

Chp 7 End