CHP 11: The Stoic Butler

I stared at my diary, conflicted to open it or not. Never has this diary given me a piece of single good news to celebrate, on the contrary, all it has given me stress. "But, still, at least, it warns me when I'm doing things wrong, " convincing myself with this logic, I decided to open the diary.

4/1/1888

HELL MODE

WELCOME PLAYER,

DAY 3 REPORT IS NOW AVAILABLE

✡︎ You accepted Ash's offer, his affinity has increased by 3%

✡︎ You told Ash your eagerness for his next visit, he thinks you are naive.

✡︎ Grell saw your happiness over the brooch Ash gave you, his jealousy has increased by 6%

✡︎ You apologized to Grell, his affinity has increased by 5%

✡︎ You apologized to Grell, his wrath has decreased by 6%

✡︎ Grell hugged you, his jealousy has decreased by 4%

REPORT END

PAGE 5

"Can I come in, darling? " knocks accompanied by the duchess' voice came from outside my bedroom door. "Yes, come in, mother, " I permit her to enter inside, and she approaches me with a worried expression. Lemme guess her problem is something very meager, but she has made a big deal outta it, because rich people of this era have IQ problems. "I'm in huge trouble, my dear! To think your father would tell me this today out of all the days! " she sighs, "What happened? " I ask her, suppressing my giggle.

"You see, I was supposed to meet Marchioness Ridel today, and your father knew this very well, but just before leaving for work today, he told me to get some urgent documents since he won't be able to! Isn't this awful! " she continues expressing herself on this topic. My girl, just send someone else. Why on earth are you so worked up about this?

"What if I go on your behalf? Will it be alright? " I propose her. "Will you? Oh my, that would be wonderful! " her eyes brighten as she joyfully claps her hands. "So, when do I leave? " I ask, "The carriage is waiting downstairs! Have a safe trip! " she says and exits the room. She planned all of this... didn't she? I shake my head in dismay and head downstairs.

As the carriage moved steadily, I look at the fleeting scenery through the window. "It's a beautiful world...that is, if you leave the whole beating the otome part, " I rest my chin on the palm of my hand when I remember something. I forgot to ask her where I was going. Probably the palace considering the Duke spends most of his time working alongside Ash. "But, I don't think this route goes to the palace, " Hm...I guess I'll have to wait and see.

After what seemed like half an hour, the carriage comes to a stop. I look outside and see us parked at the entrance of a lavish mansion. "Why do I feel like I've seen this somewhere before? " I let out a strained chuckle. Okay, I messed up, its the Trancy mansion. I bury my face in my hands. I didn't prepare for this, but it's too late for anything. I take a deep breath and exit the carriage.

As I walked towards the entrance door, I noticed the exterior of the mansion. It was pretty fancy, with the flower bed and fountain. Compared to this, Phantomhive manor was rather plain in external appearance. "I give you a 10/10 for the exteriors Alois, " I comment in a low voice. I reach to knock on the door, but before I could do that, the door opens, and I'm greeted by a monotonous yet soothing voice.

"Greetings, my lady. Welcome to the Tracy estate. I'm Claude Faustus, the head butler of the Trancy household. His highness, Earl Trancy, has been awaiting your arrival, " he courteously bows and steps aside for me to enter. Ah, wait... how am I supposed to reply? "Thank you, " I awkwardly say and step inside the mansion. Never in my life have I been greeted this formally. "Follow me, please, " he says and starts to walk. I follow him.

I stare at his back. He turned out to be more intense and stoic than I had imagined. I assumed he would be a tad surprised to see me instead of the duchess, but then again, what did I expect from him. I'm the one at fault here. Claude stops in front of a thick mahogany door and knocks, "Your highness, the lady has arrived, " he says, and Alois' voice comes from the other side, "Come inside! " well, it's party time.

Chp 11 End