Chapter 16

Ryan's pov --when they were 9--

Brandie and I were sitting on the roof of the orphanage and we were listening to music. Brandie was sketching in a book and I was strumming my acoustic guitar.

I heard a window open and we both froze. Instantly we dove to turn the music down, and held our breath. A few seconds later I heard one of the older kids coming up the fire escape and breathed a sigh of relief. We turned the music back up and our friend Kate appeared. She's 14 but one of our best friends.

She smiled asked, "You guys in need of some awesome teenage kid company?"

Brandie then replied "Yeah, but since there aren't any awesome teenage kids around you'll do."

I broke out laughing and Kate huffed, "Very funny."

Brandie smiled from ear to ear and laughed, "Don't worry Kate. You're sorta awesome."

Kate just shook her head and sighed, "Why do I like you too?"

I then smiled, "Because we're cute and awesome. And we know how to flatter you into submission?"

Kate pretended to stroke an imaginary beard before chuckling, "Okay I see your point."

After a second she added, "That and I have a feeling that you guys are gonna go far one day. Just can't put my finger on why though. Maybe it's your extreme cuteness."

Brandie then hugged her breathing, "Or maybe it's because we have a truly amazing role model."

I then joined the hug smiling, "Brandie isn't wrong Kate."

Kate's cheeks were buri a bright red and she smiled, "I love you guys. You know that right?"

Brandie and I then nodded replying in unison, "We love you too."