Chapter 5

Ryan's pov --when they were 10--

I laughed as Brandie jumped around her room air bassing instead of air gutaring. Yup. That's my best friend for ya. But I love her anyway. Sorta. Kinda. Ehh not really. I'm kidding! 

The song ended and she collasped on her 'bed' next to me smiling, "I love it when you visit. You make stupid things fun."  

 I laughed even more and pulled her into a hug. She smiled and one of our favorite songs started playing.  

Free Falling by Tom Perry.  So of course we started jumping around singing like idiots. 

But we stopped when the orphanage head Mr.  Tonic. He turned off our radio snapping, 

"Be quieter! I'm trying to watch fucking soccer!" 

He slammed the door and Brandie turned the radio back on and up as loud as it went. I then helped her shove her dresser, 'bed', and a few chairs infront of the door. Then she opened the window and grabbed the radio. 

She disappeared, and the music faded after a few minutes and I looked out the window in shock. But then, Brandie's head appeared, upside down I might add, and she laughed, 

"C'mon slow poke! Hurry up! There's a party on the roof!" 

I looked at her like she was crazy before following her. I stepped out onto the fire escape and saw that Brandie had her legs hooked on the rails of the fire escape platform above me and was hanging upside down like a monkey. 

My eyes widened and I exclamied, "Dude! Stop doing that! You could fall and get seriously hurt or killed!" 

Brandie just laughed before smiling, "Well, at least my death will make the news! I'll finally be famous! The girl who was talking to her friend while hanging upside down on a fire escape platform fell to her death! Read more here!" 

I rolled my eyes as she sat up normal. I climbed the ladder and as we continued to the roof I sighed, 

"Ya know you are gonna be famous one day. You're an amazing singer, and song writer! Not to mention you can play so many different instruments!" 

Brandie rolled her eyes replying, "Yeah and so are you! So much more talented then I am Ryan. Face it, if we both had the chance to get signed to a record label but they had to pick between the two of us then they'd pick you over me. It might happen for you, but it won't for me. Ryan the only person who'll ever sign me is my dad and that's only because he's my dad." 

I rolled my eyes as we sat on the edge of the room, our legs dangling over the edge. Carron My Wayward Son by Kanas was playing loudly in the background and our shoulders bumped as I smiled, 

"You couldn't be more wrong."