Chapter 19

Ryan's pov

We broke away and I rested my forehead against hers. My hands gently cupped her cheeks, and I kissed her again. Ever since the accident this was all that I wanted to do. She was all that I wanted. Brandie was all that I ever wanted. She's all I'll ever want. She'll all I've ever need.

A car honked on the street below us, and we broke away. We stayed in the same position and I closed my eyes for a second before kissing her again.

Everything stopped. Everything was perfect. Until my phone rang. We pulled apart and I answered it saying,

"Hey what's up?"

Gabby then responded nervously, "Hey can you come home? I wanna tell you something."

I told her I would before looking at Brandie. I carefully pulled the promise ring out of its box and I slid it onto her right ring finger. She smiled and I kissed her cheek before standing up. Guilt should be eating me up inside, but it's not. Gabby means a lot to me, and I do love her, but I love Brandie more.

Brandie stared at the ring before disappearing. My heart sunk and I climbed back down the fire escape. As I walked home a lot of different possible scenarios ran through my head about what Gabby wants to talk to me about.