CHAPTER SIX

Na-Ri ran into the hospital, immediately going to the front desk.

"Vincenzo Cassano. Where is he?" She gulped.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Kang Na-Ri. The hospital informed me about his accident."

"Wait one moment please." The woman typed on her keyboard. "He's in surgery right now. You'll have to wait outside the OR. Are you also here to see Hong Yu Chan?"

"Hong Yu Chan? Why is he here?"

"They were both in the accident."

"Is he alright?"

"They are both in surgery at the moment."

"Where can I wait?"

"Outside the OR."

"Where is that?"

"It's on the second floor."

Na-Ri immediately ran to the elevator. She waited there but decided to go up the stairs. She reached the outside of the OR where she saw Hong Cha Young crying. She walked up to her. She tried to talk to her but a doctor came out of the operation room.

Cha Young looked up at the doctor, "How is he?"

The doctor looked at her with pity and shook his head. Cha Young started sobbing more and grabbed Na-Ri.

Na-Ri asked, "What about Vincenzo Cassano? Is he alright?"

"He's still in his surgery so I can't promise you anything. Now excuse me." He walked away from the two women.

Na-Ri held Cha Young trying to keep her tears in.

"What am I going to do, Na-Ri? I was a terrible daughter to him."

"No, no you aren't...weren't. It's going to be okay. Ok." She reassured her and Cha Young held her closer.

A while after the doctor told them the terrible news another doctor came out and told them Vincenzo's condition. He was alive which was good but he was in a coma. He was moved to a room but no one was allowed to enter except hospital staff.

Na-Ri looked through the glass window. Vincenzo was attached to many machines.

"I'll make sure whoever did this will die." She thought.

____________________________________________

SEVEN DAYS AFTER THE ACCIDENT

Vincenzo was still in a coma and Cha Young was still grieving over the loss of her father. It made it worse that the news outlets reporting his death made him look like a dirty lawyer.

Na-Ri moved Vincenzo to a private room when his condition was stable. She and Jun Woo helped Cha Young with the funeral.

The couple stood at the cemetery in front of Hog. Yu Chan's gravestone. Cha Young sat in front of her father's grave weeping. Jun Woo tried to comfort her but it didn't work. They left the cemetery feeling sad.

"What should I do? She doesn't even want me to help her pack up her father's things. Won't that be hard for her?" She told Jun Woo while driving.

"Maybe this will give her closure. She needs to do this Na-Ri." He looked forward. "How's Vincenzo?"

"He's still unconscious. It's been over a week and he still hasn't woken up."

"Do you know anything about the driver?"