CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Laughing. Someone was laughing. Na-Ri looked around and could barely see anything. The darkness almost fully clouded her sight but the sheer moonlight through the window made her see.

She kept hearing it as if it was in her ear. Na-Ri saw a glimpse of her reflection in a glass. She bent down and picked the broken glass on the floor. Na-Ri saw the frown on her face. What was happening?

Na-Ri heard the laughing get louder. She got up from the floor and kept the glass close to her chest. Na-Ri clenched her jaw. Na-Ri heard footsteps from her right no no no her left. Na-Ri anxiously looked both ways.

The crimson liquid went down her fingers as she tightened the grip on the glass. She slowly backed away and touched a wall. A wall that was moving. Before she could even turn around they pushed her to the ground. Na-Ri's head hit the ground.

She tried getting up but felt a sharp pain in her hands and knees. She looked down and saw glass scattered throughout the floor. Na-Ri got to her feet but was pushed to the ground again. This time they made sure she stayed put by putting their foot to her head.

Na-Ri felt the sharp edges of glass carve into her face. She grabbed the foot and tried pushing it off with all her strength. But that wasn't enough. All it did was make them madder. Na-Ri could now feel their hard, solid shoe hitting her back.

Na-Ri clenched her hands and jaw to stop from screaming. She shut her eyes tightly and waited for the pain to be dismissed. They saw this and laughed some more. They hit her in the head and grabbed her shoulders and tried picking her up.

Na-Ri grabbed their hands and tried getting them off of her but they slapped her across the face. Na-Ri grabbed her cheek and whimpered. She looked up at him.

Na-Ri cried silently as the tears fell to her lap. "Why? Why are you doing this to me?"

He stopped laughing and sighed. "Don't you think it's time to pay for you leaving me?" He harshly grabbed her hair. "You've left me twice."

"You told me you loved me,

...Han Seok."

____________________________________________

Han Seok sat next to Na-Ri on the bed, watching her still be asleep. Do Yun had done what Na-Ri told her to do. Well kinda she still did sedate her but that was an easier way to transport her.

Han Seok noticed that her head was sweating once again. What was she dreaming? He grabbed a towel and gently wiped it off her forehead. Once he was finished he stroked her hair with his hand.

Han Seok grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Wake up, Na-Ri," he whispered. "I miss hearing your voice. I miss hearing you laugh. I miss seeing the love in your eyes." He sighed softly, "So please wake up."

Han Seok posed her hand on her waist. He got up from his bed and walked to the living room where a captive Do Yun was. After he helped attend to Na-Ri he kept Do Yun in his home and tied her on the couch. She didn't move once, not because she was scared but because she was over it. All Do Yun wanted was her money.

Do Yun chuckled and leaned against the couch. Han Seok glared at her and sat across from her. "Who are you?"

"I'm an acquaintance of Na-Ri. She and I work together at the café."

Han Seok snickered and got up from his seat. He walked to Do Yun and put his hands around her neck. "What did you do to her?" He told in a deep, dark tone.

Do Yun kicked his legs and pushed him off of her. "I didn't do anything that bad. All I did was sedate her. She should wake up soon," she scoffed.