CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Han Seok and Han Seo carried Na-Ri to the bed. Vincenzo had given them their fake identities and Mr. Cho allowed them to stay at one of his buildings. It was a nice small building in the countryside. Hopefully, nobody would be able to recognize them.

Every news outlet was talking about the escape. It must be hell for Na-Ri's family. The heiress of one of the largest companies in the world is a killer and she escaped. They showed her face and her name. The police even put out a bounty for her.

They didn't show anything about Han Seok though. Vincenzo had gotten rid of his car at the site so they couldn't suspect him too much. However, it still seemed like they were wary of him.

Han Seok thanked his brother and warned him to not tell anyone. He agreed that he wouldn't and gave his pocket money to Han Seok. He then quietly left the apartment.

Han Seok grabbed another first aid kit that Han Seo bought him on the way here. He carefully cleaned the cuts on her face and rebandaged her other ones. She'd wake up and then immediately pass out again. Han Seok was worried. She could get a concussion from how much she's hit her head.

Han Seok couldn't go to the hospital though. They needed to lie low for a short while. Only then they could start working out things together. Han Seok looked down at Na-Ri on the bed.

He grabbed her hand and tried warming it up. Her hand was cold to the touch. It was like she just came back from the Arctic. Han Seok grabbed a thick, fur blanket and covered her with it. He kneeled at the same level as her. Han Seok reached out his hand and caressed her face.

Han Seok sighed. "Why did you do that? Why did you confess to everything? You said your father had it under control," he said in a soft, light tone.

He looked down at her hand and still saw the engagement ring. It still hadn't moved an inch and sat on her finger. He touched the ring and slipped it off her finger. He examined it, making sure there were no cuts to the shining emerald.

Han Seok placed it down on the nightstand and looked back at Na-Ri. He sighed and wondered what they were going to do now. They couldn't be of much help to Vincenzo from the countryside. They also didn't need to get tracked.

Han Seok shook his head and stood up. It was the afternoon over there. He couldn't go to sleep but he couldn't leave Na-Ri either. She'd be in a state of confusion if she wakes up with him not there. Then again she'd probably think this is a dream.

Han Seok debated it for a while and walked to the other side of the bed. He got under the blanket right next to Na-Ri and gently wrapped his arms around her. He gave her a quick peck on the forehead and watched her before he eventually fell asleep.

"Han Seok," a soft, gentle voice sang. "Han Seok wake up." Han Seok felt a small tug on his hair.

He reluctantly opened his eyes slowly and saw her. She covered her mouth, lightly with her hand as she giggled. He widened his eyes and fully turned to face her. He grabbed her shoulders and hugged her closer to him.

"You're awake," he let out a relieved whisper.

She pushed him away to see his entire face. "Of course, I'm awake. A car accident won't hurt Kang Na-Ri."

Han Seok shook his head. "No, no, it won't." He covered her again. "Wait, aren't you mad at me?"

Na-Ri frowned, "No, why would I be mad?"

"Because I kidnapped you while you were going to the detention center," Han Seok exclaimed.

"In the car ride I was mad but then the guards told me they were going to kill me for Choi Myung Hee. So I was hoping you did come and get me," Na-Ri beamed.