CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Na-Ri was at the terminal. She bounced her knee as she waited for Luca to get his bags. She looked around as she bit her nails. What was she doing here? Choi Myung Hee will find out she's back and she'll destroy her.

Na-Ri was paranoid at everyone who looked her way. Were they sent by Choi Myung Hee? She stopped biting her nails and grabbed her knee to stop it from bouncing. Luca hadn't been back yet and it's been eight minutes. She rested her head in her hands and worried.

She's being stupid. She should've just stayed in Italy. Everything will be ruined if Choi Myung Hee finds out. Everyone's efforts will be wasted and for what? Just for a privileged rich girl to be with the one she loves.

Luca came back with his briefcase and she quickly stood up. They both immediately walked out of the airport and got a taxi. Na-Ri being the paranoid person she is, was right. Someone had been watching her and now they just alerted Choi Myung Hee that she was back.

Na-Ri stayed quiet in the taxi, still biting her nails. She was shaking and looked distressed. Luca gave her his coat and hoped it would help her relax. She had been through so much in just one day. He told her that they were going to go to Guemga Plaza and stay there. Na-Ri nodded, even though she didn't want to see Vincenzo she knew he was the one who could protect her.

Na-Ri raised her head and looked out the window. The car lights looked as though they were shooting stars. The night sky helped illuminate this. Na-Ri took some deep breaths and looked to the moon. This time it was a crescent, now it was aesthetically pleasing to her. She put a small smile on her face. She touched the cold window with her hands and watched the moon for the rest of the drive.

Na-Ri let out a deep sigh as they pulled into the parking lot. She started shaking once again, scared to be in front of Vincenzo. Will he shout at her for the murders? Does he tell her she's a terrible person? Did he bring her back here to kill her?

Luca opened the door and she reluctantly got out. Na-Ri walked up the stairs to his apartment quite hazily. It was seven in the morning and she had just gotten off of a thirteen-hour flight. She hadn't slept throughout it despite her eyelids getting heavier by the minute.

Na-Ri got on Vincenzo's floor and looked up. There she saw him. He was wearing pajamas and his hair was down. Why was he here? Did he wait to come to see her?

Her eyes were flooded with tears. He still loves her even after what she did.

"Han Seok," she let out in a quiet, shy voice.

Han Seok turned to his left and realized it was her. He let out a breath of relief. His lips curved upwards as he said her name, "Na-Ri."

Na-Ri chuckled and ran in his arms. She hugged him close to her and let out tears of joy. He was really here. He wasn't a figment of her imagination. Na-Ri felt his arms around her and pulled her into him. Han Seok kissed the top of her head.

Na-Ri took her head out of his chest and looked at him. "I thought you hated me."

"I'll never hate you," he shook his head softly.

"I love you, Jang Han Seok." Na-Ri went on her tippy toes and closed her eyes. She put her hand behind his neck and softly kissed him. She felt the smile he did when she kissed him and kissed her back.

"I see you two are getting back into it."

They both opened their eyes and saw Vincenzo leaning against the door frame, watching them. Na-Ri frowned and grabbed Han Seok tighter. She didn't know what he was going to do.

"Come in, we don't need anyone to see this."

Na-Ri and Han Seok looked at each other. She hesitantly walked in with him into Vincenzo's apartment.