Elena was laying on the bed with Kol she had never seen him so vulnerable nor had she really ever wanted to see him this vulnerable. Her and Evie had been at Mikaelson manor since the news came out about Christophers' death. She hadn't wanted to leave him alone when she knew that he needed her. The funeral was going to be tomorrow and she knew that it was going to be a bad day for the entire family.

Elena was cuddled up to Kol while Evie was sleeping in her playpen.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in."

 Esther opened the door walking into the room she knew the two of them had pretty much been cooped up in the room for days. And while sometimes he would come out to eat sometime Elena would only come out. "The two of you need to come and eat."

"I'm not hungry Mom." Kol knew that his mom had been wanting to make sure that they were all eating but he hadn't felt like it. 

Esther took a breath she knew they were all going through their own things. "I'm not giving you a choice come and eat right now."

Kol groaned he knew his mother was serious by the fact that she was saying that it was in a calm tone. "Here we come."

"Thank you." She left out closing the door happy that he was no longer trying to argue with her about it.

"Come on she's right you need to eat Kol." Elena knew that this was hard for him but she didn't want him to stop taking care of himself because of. "I know this is hard but you have to take care of yourself."

"Ok come on."

Elena went and picked up her sleeping daughter as the two left out the room heading downstairs where the rest of the family except Hope was sitting at the table.

"They finally left the room." Rebekah had thought that it would never happen. 

"Rebekah!" Esther warned she didn't want her to say anything else when she knew her son was already going through a lot at the moment.

"What?" Rebekah asked she didn't get what the problem was at the moment. They were all going through their own things but Kol was acting like he was the only one and she didn't; like it. 

"Leave them alone." Esther just wanted them to leave all of each other alone. 

"Fine."

"Thank you."

Elena sat down in her seat putting Evie in the high chair next to her. Kol knew that his mother wasn't going to let him go back to his room unless he ate something. "I'm going to go grab our plates ok."

"Alright."

Henrick looked over to Elena he knew that this was a lot for her too. "Are you ok? Elena your part of the family to this affected you just like it did his children."

"I'm fine." She was ok for right now she just wanted to make sure that everyone else was ok. 

"It's ok if you're not." Hernick knew a lot of them were not ok right now and it was going to be ok.

"I know."

--

Kol walked into the kitchen seeing Hope sitting against the cabinet. He went over to her he didn't get why she was over here right now.   "I wondered why you weren't in there."

"Not all of you like me remember." Hope knew that she was the new sister and that not everyone was ok with that. She just wished that they could all get along so they could deal with this together.

"My mother is letting the two of you stay here." Kol reminded if she was ok with that he knew the rest of the others would feel the same way soon.

She was happy that she was because she didn't have anywhere else to go right now. Her and Layla we're officially on their own without the other members of the family. "Yeah because we have no other place to go mom killed herself only two days after she found out she couldn't live without him i guess."

"I'm sorry." Kol knew that it couldn't be easy for her right now.

"How are you two doing?" Hope asked she knew that it couldn't be easy for either of them they didn't have much time to grieve and plus they had Evie which made it harder.

"Not good." Kol knew that she didn't want to admit that she was having a hard time but he could see that it was. 

"She's hiding it." Hope guessed she had wished that she could have done that but unfortunately she didn't.

"Yeah."

"I may be new here but I'll help your girlfriend any way that i possibly can." She wouldn't just let her suffer in silence.

"Thanks, Hope."

"No problem." 

"We're going to get through this all of us together its just going to take some time." Kol knew that if they had each others back they were going to be ok.

"How can we get through this together if some of them don't like that Layla and I exist." Hope asked she didn't see them working together if they didn't all like each other. She wished they could just act like a normal family but she didn't see that.

"They'll have to deal with it." Kol held out his hand to help his sister stand up. He knew it would get easier with time but right now they were just dealing with it. "You have me and Elena on your side remember that."

"Thanks."

"Now according to her i need to eat and can't starve myself and i have to make sure she eats." He was making sure that she was eating even if he wasn't doing the same thing.

"She's right we can't not take care of ourselves right now it's not what dad would have wanted."

"I know."