Moments

TW ahead ⚠️

I arrived at my house, slamming the front door. I went up to my room with trembling legs and closed fists. Once I reached the bedroom door, angry tears pour out with my fist meeting the wall. I chew my bottom lip so hard that I can feel the metallic taste of blood on my tongue. I opened the door slowly and began to choke on my sobs.

Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes that I could barely see anything. I gripped the doorknob so hard, knuckles turning white and when I felt the cold ring on my finger, I broke down on my knees. Streams of tears began running down my cheeks as the sounds of mourning echoed through the whole room. Incoherent words came out from my mouth and I couldn't stop them anymore.

"I'm so stupid....."

"Dammit....."

"Idiot......"

"You're such an idiot, Roseanne....."

"I'm s-sorry......"

"W-why......"

"I shouldn't have said it........."

"Nini!" I call her while catching up to her pace. For someone who has short legs, she sure runs damn fast.

"What?!" She was irritated and the glare of hers is very deadly but that won't stop me from talking to her.

"I'm sorry..." I paused while waiting for the hits to come but none came so I continued.

"I wanted to surprise you for our first anniversary and make it special that's why I haven't been with you for the past few days. I-" I stopped when I heard her sniffles and immediately took her in my arms and comforted her.

"I'm sorry, my love. I should've-" She cut my words by hitting my chest repeatedly.

"You idiot! I thought you don't love me anymore!" She continued crying while smacking my chest and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would I not love you anymore, Jennie Kim? You're the only woman I love in this world aside from my mom and sister, of course." I felt a flick on my forehead that made me hiss in pain but my ears welcomed a melodious laugh that made me smile.

"You're an idiot but you're MY idiot." I smirked at the emphasis of "my" and tighten my hold on her waist gently.

"Is that your new way of saying I love you? Because I'm loving it." Before I can get another painful hit, I kissed her lips softly and I felt her melt into the kiss making me smile.

"I love you, don't ever think that I don't because I do. I am completely in love with Jennie Rubyjane Kim. Remember that, okay?" She cutely nodded and I see the tears building up from her eyes and I wiped them with my thumb.

"I love you too. Don't get tired of me please." She pleaded and I wanted to ask her why she said the last sentence but I didn't. I nodded to her with a genuine smile and hugged the life out of her.

"I won't. Ever."

------

"Mind telling me what's on your mind?" I gently took her hand in mine while rubbing it softly with my thumb. She then relaxed and gave me a small smile.

"Nothing, I just want to sleep." She laid her head on my shoulder and I changed the position, putting her head on my chest. I stroke her back soothingly while playing with her brown locks.

"Sleep, my love. I'll be here when you wake up." I felt her smile on my chest and she lifted her head to press a soft kiss on my lips. I pecked her lips twice, thrice making her giggle before going back into the comfortable position.