chapter 2

Mark was a senior so it was odd to see him on the junior hallway.

"My fault, I wasn't paying attention" I apologize. "Oh it's fine, don't worry" he said giving me a warm smile. Mark isn't a stranger but I don't know the boy very well either. He has soft black hair, and he's very good looking but he's still such a kind person. I kinda learned about him from Donghyuck. Mark tutored Donghyuck last year and helped him bring his grade from a D to an A. It was math so Mark must be really smart.

"So, what are you doing on the junior hallway?" I ask once my curiosity got the best of me. "I needed to give my sister her backpack. She left it in my car this morning." He explains. Sister? I didn't know he had a sister. And she's in my grade? "Oh, well it was nice bumping into you!" I exclaim and wave at him. He chuckles and waved back before heading to the senior hall.

I entered the class just in time for the teacher to take attendance.
"Choi Jisu"
"Here"
~
"Kim Anjae"
"Here" I immediately wince at the way I said it. I sat next to the girl named Choi Jisu. She acknowledged my presence by waving at me. "Hi, I'm Jisu but I go by Lia."
"Hi Lia, I'm Anjae." I give her a smile.

"Okay class" our teacher announces. "As an icebreaker, our first assignment will be a project with a partner. I'll give you the freedom to choose your partners." Lia looked at me excited and I immediately knew what that meant. "Let's be partners" I offer. "You read my mind!" Lia exclaims with a smile. "We can work on it at my house!" She suggests and I agree.

"Let's start working on it tomorrow" I offer because I have to go to the cafe today after school. "Ok sure!"

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

After school I meet up with my friends and we walk to the cafe. We all order our food and sit down at a table in the corner. Donghyuck and I are having a heated discussion about the best Michael Jackson song. Chae and Jisung are in their own dimension. "What do you think Jisung?" Donghyuck asks the boy who's not paying any attention to him. "Jisung!" He shouts while shaking his arm. Jisung finally looks up. "Huh? What?" He asks startled. "Oh nothing" Donghyuck states annoyed.

Jisung and Chae get up and go outside. Hyuck and I can still see them but we can't hear what they're talking about. Once they come back, they're both giggling like children who are doing something they're not supposed to. "We have something to tell you!" Chae states excitedly looking up at Jisung. "We're together!" Jisung finishes.

Hyuck and I look at each other and shrug our shoulders. "Ok cool, I guess?" Hyuck doesn't know how they wanted us to respond. I stayed silent and my eyes shifted between the two. Chae always gave me a bad feeling but I didn't want to ruin Jisung's happiness.

Lucky for me, the food arrived. "Let's eat!" I say already grabbing my food. Everyone digs in, me and Hyuck continue our previous conversation. "It's Smooth Criminal, end of discussion." "Ughh no! It's Billy Jean!" I rebuttal.