chapter 4

The next day I arrive at school alone because Jisung walked with Chae. I'm greeted by Donghyuck when I walk through the door. "Morning" I greet him dryly. "Well good morning to you too miss moody" he responds with enough sass for the whole school.

"Do you have plans after school?" He inquires. "Yeah, I have a class project and I'm going to Lia's house to work on it." I explain. Donghyuck hums in response. "Lia is a nice girl, don't you think?" I ask. "Sure, I don't know her that well but I'd be happy to get to know her better." He responds. I nod my head and wave at him before walking into class.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

After school I meet up with Lia.

"You ready to go?" She asks. I nod and we begin walking. "Normally, I'd ride with my brother but he had to stay after school" she explains.

We arrive at her house and I'm greeted by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Choi. I bow and follow Lia upstairs to her bedroom. Her room is the last one on the hallway. We passed to other rooms. One was the bathroom and I assume the other one is her brother's. I noticed a guitar in the corner.

Lia plops down onto her bed and I take a seat on her bean bag. We begin working on the project after assigning jobs. I'll research and she'll decorate the poster.

After working on the project for a while we begin talking and getting to know each other better. "Do you have any siblings?" Lia asks. "No I'm an only child, unfortunately."
Lia bursts into a fit of laughter. "Girl, you would think completely different if you had a brother, especially if it's my brother" she says through giggles.

We're soon interrupted by a knock on the door followed by a familiar face poking through.

"Hey! It's you!" the boy exclaims.
"Not you again" I say jokingly.

He smiles at my comment and turns to Lia. "Lia, mom said dinner is ready and Anjae is welcome to stay" he says. "I'm guessing you're Anjae." He states gesturing to me. I nod. "I'm Mark, it was nice bumping into you, again." He smiles before walking downstairs.

I turn to Lia "Your brother is Mark?" Lia nods. I ponder on the new information. I wonder why they don't have the same last name but I don't want to ask. I keep my thoughts to myself and follow Lia downstairs to the table to eat. "Wow, this food is amazing Mrs. Choi!"

The rest of the dinner was mainly us talking and I got to know about the family. They're all from Canada. I could tell they were foreign because of their accent. The conversation continued until it was past 10pm.

"I need to get home, my mom is probably freaking out!" I shout running upstairs to gather my things. "I can drive you since it's late" Mark offers. I decline his offer at first but his mom insists.

I get into the passenger seat of Mark's car. The ride was awkwardly silent. "So... you're friends with my sister, right?" Mark asks, breaking the silence. "Yup" I say with a smile. Lia is the nicest girl I've ever met. She's actually my first real female friend. "Well, you know what that means..." I look at Mark with curiosity all over my face. I shake my head at his comment. "You're my friend now. Lia has to share everything with me, even you." He states staring straight ahead at the road. "Ok cool" I say with a light chuckle. That's cute. Mark can't be as bad as Lia makes him seem.

We pull into my driveway and I exit the car. "Thank you, Mark!" I shout while walking to the door. He salutes before driving away.