chapter 7

It's morning and I'm walking to school with Jisung for the first time in forever. Unfortunately, we have to go pick up Chae. Great. I get fed up of third wheeling so I walk in front of them and leave them behind.

I get to school and meet up with Donghyuck. "Where's Jisung? I thought you walked together today." He asks. "We did. Until she came along." I say bitterly, gesturing to Chae as she and Jisung walk in after me. "So I talked to Mrs. Park last night, and she has a bad feeling about Chae too. I knew it wasn't just me." I tell him. "Well, you know mothers are always right in these situations." I nod in agreement.

We part ways and go to class. I enter the classroom and take my seat next to Lia. "Hey, can I ask a favor?" I ask during morning announcements. "Sure, what's up?" She turns to me with a smile. "My parents are out of town for the week, can I crash at your place?" I ask. "Yeah, I'll tell my mom you're coming." "Thanks Lia, you're the best!" I grab her into a hug.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

School has ended, Lia and I are riding with Mark. "So Anjae, you're staying with us for a week?" Mark asks. "Yeah sorry for the inconvenience, my parents didn't want me to stay at home alone." I explain while looking out of the window. "Hey! You are not a burden! We love having you over and this week is going to be so fun!!" Lia chimes in hitting my arm. "Yeah, we always enjoy your company." Mark says from the front seat with a warm smile. I've never noticed how cute his smile is. His doe eyes sparkle and his white teeth shine.

We make it to the house and we all run upstairs to Lia's room. Even Mark. We scattered across the room. Lia's on the bed, I'm on the bean bag, and Mark's lying on the floor. Lia is channel surfing and I'm scrolling on my phone.

"I'm bored" Mark complains. "Me too actually." I agree with him. "What do you guys wanna do?" Lia asks turning to face us. My eyes shift around the room while trying to think of something. "We could watch a movie, that's what Jisung and I normally do" I trail off, mumbling the last part. They look at me and nod.

Lia goes downstairs to get popcorn and drinks. Mark and I go the living room and sit on the couch. Mark sits next to me, fairly close. I suddenly become nervous. What is this feeling? I'm normally fine around Mark. Why is this happening?

Lia comes back. Mark scoots over, even closer to me to make room for Lia. We're all bunched together on the couch. Mark is in the middle of me and Lia. The feeling of being this close to him is actually very nice. I feel a sense of security. Mark must sense this because he puts an arm around me, then Lia. He pulls us in closer to him. My heart is racing. I pretty sure he can hear it.

Mark's Pov

I'm sitting between Anjae and Lia. I had to scoot closer to Anjae for Lia to sit down. Anjae is so small compared to me I can't help but wrap my arm around her. I didn't even realize I did it. I had to hurry and put my other arm around Lia. I took the opportunity to pull Anjae closer to me. I just met her but we're already so close, and she makes me feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be.