chapter 20

Lia and Mark suggested that we order pizza and watch a movie. We ordered a pepperoni, of course. "Everybody! Pass your crust this way!" Mark announces, gesturing to his plate. Lia and I laugh and comply.

"I can't believe we just ate that whole pizza." Lia says rubbing her stomach. "I mean, we all ate like, four pieces." I say rubbing my stomach as well. "Mark, I don't know how you're still eating that crust" I comment. "What? It's the best part. We can't just waste it." We all laugh at him.

"Hey do you wanna spend the night?" Lia asks me. "Umm sure. I need to call my mom and let her know. I didn't bring any clothes either." Lia nods. "You can wear some of mine." Mark blurts out. "Um thanks" I chuckle. He just smiles.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Mark brings down a red sweatshirt and a pair of gray sweatpants. "Thanks, Mark" I say before taking the clothes from him. I take them upstairs to Lia's room and get changed. I return downstairs and the siblings are waiting for me on the couch.

Mark takes a long look at me. The sight of me in his clothes still takes his breath away. I smile shyly at him before taking a seat next to him. "You guys are so obvious." Lia rolls her eyes. "It's so cute!" She squeals. Mark and I laugh at her. I still need to talk to Jisung before anything can happen. Mark hasn't said anything about it. I guess he doesn't want to rush me. I appreciate that.

Lia turns on a random TV show and for the rest of the night we're talking, eating, and laughing. With the occasional scroll on Instagram, of course. Lia comes up with the idea to bake cookies. She and I jump up and run into the kitchen. "Mark! Are you gonna help?" I call to the boy who's still sitting on the couch. "I think I'll just help eat them." He calls back.

"Yeah girl... he's not the best in the kitchen. He tried to make eggs for breakfast once, we had to evacuate the house." Lia says recalling the event. "Oh yeah, you can just help eat them." I say through giggles. Mark seems like he's good at everything, but he can't cook? I guess he would be too perfect if he could.

Lia and I arrange the cookie dough on the pan and place them in the oven. After they're done we take them out to cool. Mark jumps up from the couch and joins us in the kitchen. "It smells delicious in here!" He says grabbing a cookie. Lia and I grab one too. "They taste so good!" Lia exclaims. "They really do! Someone needs to hire us in a bakery." I brag. Mark and Lia chuckle at my comment.

Time Skip

It's Monday, I'm walking to school with Jisung. We walk in and greet Hyuck, then we wait for Mark and Lia. Once they arrive, we all walk to class together. "Bye guys!" Lia and I say before walking into class.

Some of my classmates asked me how I was doing. One of them caught me by surprise. He has never spoken to me before, despite being in my class since freshman year. "I'm sorry for your loss, it's good to see you're doing better!" Chenle says to me with a smile. "Thank you so much" I say returning his smile.

"Woah, that was strange. He's never spoken to me before. He's normally very quiet." I tell Lia. "Maybe he's just shy." She shrugs. "You're probably right." I agree with her.

"Okay class, today we're going to play a game." The teacher announces. "Why?" I can't help but ask. "This class has the highest average, so it's a reward." She explains. "Nice, what game?" Lucas asks. "Mafia" the teacher says with a sneaky smile.

"Ugh!" I exclaim. This game has gone on forever. "Okay Mafia, reveal yourself." Our teacher instructs. Lia stands up. "I'm the Mafia." she says sticking her tongue out. "Lia! You killed me!" I exclaim. She just laughs at me. "Sorry not sorry."

The bell for lunch rings and we make our way to the cafeteria. I'm sitting at the table with Lia when I see Chae walk through the door. "What is she doing here?" I say spitefully. Lia turns to see who I'm talking about. "She's always had this lunch wave. She just never came." Lia states. Why did she decide to come now.

I see Chae walk over to Jeno's table. She sits down next to him. I guess they're dating now. She doesn't deserve happiness, not after what she did to Jisung. I hope karma comes back to bite her.

I shake away my thoughts and focus on Lia. "So how much do you owe me?" I joke. Lia looks at me confused. "Remember the bet we made about Hyuck?" She shakes her head. "It's okay, I was only joking." I assure her. She looks relieved.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

The dismissal bell rings and we make our way to the exit. I meet up with Jisung and we walk home together. "I think Chae is dating Jeno now." I tell him. "I figured." He sighs. "Are you okay?" I say placing my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, there's nothing I can do about it so.." he shrugs his shoulders.

I still want to finish my little chat with her.