chapter 12

A week has passed. My parents are back from their trip. I enjoyed my time at Lia's house but I missed my own bed. I normally don't like being alone but I need to recharge. I'm laying on my stomach scrolling on my phone, then I get a call from Jisung.

"What a nice surprise" I say after I answer the call. "Hey Jae, what are you up to?" Jisung asks. "Nothing much, what about you? Why are you not on the phone with your girlfriend." Normally Jisung and Chae FaceTime all night. "She told me she was tired. We actually haven't FaceTimed in three days." He says holding up three fingers.

"That's suspicious, that's weird." "I know right!" Jisung exclaims. I was just joking when I said that but that is suspicious. "So are you going to the dance with anyone?" Jisung asked. I ponder on the question. Someone comes to mind but I haven't been asked yet. "If someone asks me, but right now I don't have plans to go with anyone."

The dance is next week. I don't have a dress or a date. I've been too busy helping Lia set up. Tomorrow is our last day of setting up. "I should get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow Ji." "Goodnight Jae."

"Goodnight" I hang up and lay down on my bed. I try to fall asleep but I can't. My stomach feels like it's being torn apart from the inside. Cramps. I reach over to my nightstand and grab a bottle from the drawer. I shake out two white pills and take them.

I try to go to sleep but it's no use. The medicine barely took away from the pain. All night I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep. 4 hours before my alarm went off.

I rolled out of bed and forced myself to get dressed. I rushed to the bathroom and grabbed some pads just in case. As I'm walking down the steps, I hear a knock on the door. I open the door and it's Jisung.

"Man, you look like trash" he comments on my appearance. I didn't get any sleep last night so my eyes are really dark and heavy.
"I couldn't sleep last night" I tell him. "I'm sorry Jae, I didn't mean to keep you up." He quickly apologizes. "It wasn't your fault. I just..." I trail off. I don't want to tell him that I'm about to start my period. That would be kinda awkward. "I just couldn't get comfortable." I say finishing my sentence.

Jisung nods and we begin walking to school together. For like, the first time in forever. I've missed this. I can't help but wonder why he's walking with me though. "Umm where's Chae?" I inquire. "She told me to walk without her today. She said she'll be late to school today." I hum in response and keep walking.

Once we get to school, we meet up with Hyuck. "It's nice to see you two together again." He says when he sees us walk in together. Me and Jisung smile at him. We talk for a little bit as I wait for Lia. The boys emphasize how bad I look and how moody I seem. When Lia arrives with Mark, she and I walk to class together. As we're walking I see Chae come in the door. With Jeno. Jisung has already left for class with Hyuck. It was definitely an odd sight to see.