Chapter 5

Hermione
I open the letter from my daughter eagerly. She barely ever writes. I settle back into my reading chair and begin to read.

Dear mum,

I'm not sure quite how to say this but I guess I'll start with please don't tell dad. He'd kill me if he knew. I know you're probably really scared now but it's nothing to worry about honestly.

Scorp asked me to be his girlfriend! I really feel like I can trust him and i feel so safe when I'm with him. Isn't that how it's supposed to feel? I've fancied him since our second year when he punched a fourth year boy for calling a first year mudblood. That was when I knew he wasn't what dad says. He's not like his dad was. He's the most amazing person I've ever met. Please understand. Please I just don't want dad to know. He makes me feel so special and I've never felt like this before. He really likes me and I really like him, more than anything.

Your loving daughter
Rose

I sit back in my chair and smile. She's happy. I fold the letter into my desk drawer where Ron won't find it and write a quick reply.

Rose
I open the note carefully to see my mums untidy scrawls.

Dear rose,
I am so happy to hear that you and Scorpius are happy together! It's sounds like you really like him so remember not to let true love slip through your fingers. I haven't said anything to your father but I think you should tell him about it next week in the holidays. I'm sure he'll be fine with it once you explain how you feel. Maybe Scorpius could come to the burrow for Christmas if he likes. I'm sure you're granny would love to have more people over!

We love you Rosie.
Mum
X

I smile and walk out of the owlery to find Scorpius.

Sorry that this chapters really bad and short and nothing really happens but it should be better next time (I hope)  😘