3

It has been a few weeks since your breakup with Ryujin. Every time you're in the company, you always try to avoid her. Your mind keeps replaying the event over and over again.

You: We... should take a friendship break. I don't know when we will talk or hang out again, but-

Changbin: Heyoon-ah?

You snap back to reality.

You: Huh?

Han: Should we preview the full version of the District 9 demo before our members record their vocals?

You: Oh, sorry. There was something on my mind.

Ryujin was about to knock on the door of the dance practice room to get the remaining trainees to the monthly evaluation until she hears 4Racha behind the door.

Bang Chan: Do you want to talk about it, Heyoon?

You take a deep breath.

You: I broke up with Ryujin late last month.

Changbin: As a couple or-

You: We never dated, or we were in secret. I don't know. It feels complicated despite the "no dating" policy for trainees.

Bang Chan: Go on.

You: You guys heard about Mix Nine, that survival reality show?

Han: I think so.

You: Well, I went with Ryujin's parents to watch the finale to cheer for Ryujin...

Changbin: I sense the downhill.

You: During the song for the finale, Ryujin was singing with the boys' team's center in the bridge part. I started to get a weird feeling until I saw the boy holding out his hand in front of Ryujin when they head to their spot to sing the last chorus.

Bang Chan: And that's when you start to feel jealous.

You: Yeah.

You look at the time.

You: I should get going. I have the monthly evaluation in a few minutes.

Han: We'll wait for another day to finalize everything, noona.

You: Alright.

Ryujin quickly walks away from the door when she hears your footstep nearby.

You grab your guitar case by the door.

Bang Chan: Good luck, HYoon!

Changbin: Fighting!

Han: You got this, triple threat!

You: Gomawoyo.

You exit out of the room, making your way to the evaluation room.

...

When you arrived, there weren't a lot of trainees, but a few of them.

Somi: Heyoon unnie!

Chaeryeong: Come and sit with us!

You sit down next to the two girls, causing Chaeryeong to look over at your guitar.

Chaeryeong: It looks like you might perform an original song.

You: Maybe, but you'll never know.

Somi: By the way, unnie, there is someone that we would like you to meet.

She gestures to a girl trainee next to her that has a bubbly personality.

Lia: Annyeonghaseyo, Lia imnida.