Pogues and Kooks is there something in between?

Clara Peterkin lived a life caught between the worlds of the Pogues and Kooks in Outer Banks. While the locals believed in a strict divide between the two groups, Clara was evidence that there was more nuance. 

While she lacks the wealth typically associated with Kooks, she isn't quite a Pogue either. Despite these surface distinctions, Clara's true allegiance lies with the Pogues, a sentiment rooted deep within her heart, but yet her Pogue side was left undiscovered, because of her mother.

Her mum is Sheriff Peterkin. Yes, she is the daugther of a cop. But not only that, she is also the daugther of a Kook. But she's not just the daughter of a law enforcement officer but also of a wealthy Kook in Outer Banks. Clara's father, a well-known figure with a prosperous company, left the family some time ago. The separation stemmed from a clash of values – he desired a wife that is easy to handle and obeys. But her mum, she is the rebellious type. She is badass, but Clara won't admit that in front of her. To be honest in her daughter's eyes she is the best person she knows.

Returning to Clara's story, she finds herself straddling the worlds of the Kooks and Pogues. Despite this balancing act, she strives to emulate the Kook lifestyle, a choice influenced by her mother's desire for her to receive a quality education and secure a prosperous future. 

Clara and her mum are also living on the right side of the island. Which means they are living in Figure Eight. Where all the Kooks live. They can afford to live there because of Clara's dad. Yes, he is an asshole, but at least they got the house in Figure Eight through the divorce settlement. It's a beautiful house and Clara admires it. But that isn't enough to forgive her father for what he did to her. He just left Clara and her mother - his wife! Now he has a new life with a new wife and new children. He traded them just because they were a bit complicated.

But Clara tries to move on and honestly she give a shit about him. At least that is what she tells herself.

The day unfolds with a meeting between Clara and Sarah Cameron. Yes, Clara is hanging around with the Kooks as her mother would never allow her to be around Pogues. They have been friends since Sarah and Kiara parted ways. Kiara is a Kook, but she hangs around with some Pogue boys. However Clara never discovered the big secret of why they aren't friends anymore, but she also doesn't care what happened between them. 

⚓⚓⚓

As Clara entered Sarah's garden, a captivating scene played out before her. Sarah was engrossed in conversation with her father and another woman. Choosing a polite approach, Clara paused a few meters away, allowing the trio to conclude their discussion. After Sarah's father, Ward, and the mysterious woman departed, Clara couldn't resist her curiosity and asked Sarah about the nature of their conversation.

"Scooter's wife," Sarah disclosed, "she's desperately searching for him."

"Scooter's missing?" Clara's concern was palpable.

"Probably. I don't have all the details, but he didn't return home yesterday."

"Oh my God, I hope they find him," Clara sincerely wished for Scooter's safe return to his wife.

"Me too! Anyway, want to help me with something?" Sarah redirected the conversation.

"Of course. What's the plan?" Clara, the other blonde girl, inquired.

Sarah explained her mission to save mice from becoming bird prey. In the midst of their discussion, Clara's phone rang, revealing her mother, Sheriff Peterkin, on the line. Irritation surfaced as Clara learned of her mother's request to return home and handle house matters alone.

"We agreed to do it together, Mum. I'm at Sarah's right now," Clara retorted, frustration evident in her voice.

"I know, sweetie, but I can't come home now. I'm sorry," her mother apologized.

"Fine, I'll go home and fix what I can," Clara conceded, still nursing her annoyance.

"Thanks, you're a good girl. I'll be home as soon as possible. You can handle it. See you later," her mother reassured before ending the call.

Sensing Clara's distress, Sarah inquired about the situation. Apologizing, Clara explained she had to leave, her thoughts already consumed by the impending cleanup from Hurricane Agatha's havoc.

"But I'll see you at the party tonight, right?" Sarah sought confirmation, concern etched on her face.

"Absolutely, count on it," Clara affirmed, sharing a parting hug with Sarah before making her way home. During the journey, she noticed a gathering of people, including the police, in front of something ominous. Drawing closer, Clara's gaze fell upon the lifeless form of Scooter. Goosebumps tingled across her skin as shock engulfed her; this was her first encounter with a real, lifeless body.

"Sweetie, you shouldn't be here," her mother's voice cut through the paralysis, urging Clara to leave.

"I-I'm okay," Clara stammered, still in shock.

"Go home, sweetheart," her mother insisted.

"Yes, Mom. I'm on my way," Clara replied, her mind reeling. As she walked home, the gravity of what she had witnessed lingered, and upon arrival, she immersed herself in repairing the damages caused by Agatha. The horror temporarily set aside, Clara climbed into bed, seeking solace in sleep as the events of the day continued to haunt her thoughts.