Chapter 1: Rebirth

The ruins of Jingcheng.

This is a forbidden area called a ghost city, with only a Jingcheng Garrison base in a radius of one hundred li. Those who were thrown into the base were either generals who made mistakes or salted fish[1] like guards.

Salted Fish Wei Qi is an orphan and a low-level sentry without a mental body. After being in the army for ten years, he was transferred to this Jingcheng garrison base just after he got the rank of second lieutenant. Except for the three veterans in the garrison base, the rest are noble children who have been thrown to "experience" - and all of them have spiritual bodies.

So Wei Qi wore the hat of the base commander, and without accident, became the foundation of the food chain again.

There is not much to do in the base. The biggest task is to clean up the rubbish on the edge of the ruins of Jingcheng on a regular basis, so the Jingcheng defensive base is also called "garbage station."

On this day, the stationmaster of the garbage station drove the base's only P-type mech-or retired-into the Jingcheng ruins to perform routine cleaning tasks. Since Saint Star seems to have something big recently, he pays special attention to the appearance. Even if they do not shit, they are required to "completely" clean up once.

So Wei Qi went a little deeper this day.

Wei Qi walked to the edge of Jingcheng, and then he heard the voice. It seemed to be the sound of people talking, and it seemed that someone was humming an unknown tune, which sounded particularly comfortable.

Wei Qi couldn't help but want to approach and hear clearly, walking towards the depths of Jingcheng as if bewitched.

Finally, when Wei Qi regained consciousness, he saw a stump pierced through the alloy and cockpit of the mecha, passing through his chest. On the broken section of the bloody, jagged stump, a green sprout emerged. The tender sprouts glowed faintly, peeled off the stump tremblingly, and fell into his chest torn apart by the stump.

Wei Qi opened his eyes, and had a splitting headache.

He remembered that he was dead. Although he hadn't figured out what happened at that time, it was true that he was dead.

But now, he is still alive.

Wei Qi endured the headache and sat up, looked around and found that he was lying in a bedroom. This bedroom is very large, and all the furnishings in it are gorgeous and unreal. It is the kind of decoration that Wei Qi has only seen on TV.

Where is this?

Wei Qi was a little puzzled, but his headache got worse and he had no time to think. Then all of a sudden, the pain rose to a level without warning, as if there were a dozen small electric drills piercing his skull and drilling into his brain.

"Ah!" Wei Qi screamed unpreparedly, holding his head.

In the severe pain, Wei Qi only heard the turmoil around him. Then he was held on his hands and feet, and his neck was pricked. The cold liquid dripped into the blood vessels, dispelling the pain, but also letting Wei Qi's whole body. The muscles were relaxed, and he couldn't even move his fingers.

Wei Qi could only lay helplessly on the bed to breathe, his head buzzed, and the sound he heard seemed to be coming through a mass of cotton.

"Carina[2], what's going on? Didn't it mean that the headache symptoms have been relieved?" A woman's voice rang, with an impatient irritability.

"Madam, this is caused by drug addiction and the stimulation of this operation." Carina said helplessly,"I reminded you before the operation, but—"
"Okay ." Mrs Morgan interrupted Carina, and said, "If you increase the dose, you must not make him sick during the ceremony."