CHAPTER 38, 39 & 40

Chapter 38

Chaos.

It was utter chaos.

I later learned that Kyran is as useless as a pet rock or those rope less skipping rope that I once saw in a troll video. He just ran around like a chicken and called the servants to do his bidding before he ran around again preparing things that are not necessary to birth.

So we did what's best and placed his outside the room until the delivery is over.

"Okay Elixir, I need you to cooperate and push with me, at the count of three—"

"Aahh!"

----

I delivered two beautiful male elves named Amaryll and Kharis. The birth is taxing but I am happy to see two identical baby boys in my arms with fluffy and curly brown hairs, pointed ears and beautiful eyes in the shade of silver and gold. They are absolutely beautiful and they are staring right at me.

"I'm your mommy." I whispered and nuzzled each of them at a time. It was all worth it. The whole four cycles of carrying them—all the pain, the efforts, everything was worth it in the end when I finally get to see them in my arms. "They can see right?" I asked.

"Yes, it's an elf thing." Yerin said. "Their hair is quiet unusual though—it's dark. They look like you Eli, so adorable. I can see bits of Kymil too."

"Thank you for helping me Yerin, you didn't have to do all of the things you did for me." I said in a small voice.

"I have to do it Elixir, you are my friend too—oh, here comes the king." He said and stepped aside when Kyran approached. The idiot immediately crouched down and looked at the kids—surprisingly Amaryll and Kharis immediately stared at him, reaching their hands out for Kyran and their eyes glowed along with their uncle's before a strange happening occurred, the brown hair that my twins had suddenly began turning to white—like snow colored white.

"What did you do?" I asked in worry.

"I didn't do anything." He said and I glanced down at the kids in panic, only to see that they are fine, their hair just changed.

"They recognize him as their father, Elixir. They think he's their dad." Yerin said and I have to suck a deep breath in. Wow.

"They are beautiful." Kyran mumbled and kissed the twin's forehead making my heart do a little tumble top and a pitter pat that I am not sure what to feel about. "What are their names?"

"Amaryll and Kharis."

"The flower?"

"Yes and make one comment about that and I will kick you out of this room."

"I like it—Hello Amaryll, hello Kharis. I'm your daddy." He said in a soft voice and the kids seemed to like it as they began flooding the room with sweet milky aroma as they reach for him.

"Daddy?" Yerin whispered.

"Not a word."

---

"You volunteered as dad. Go and check on them." I said while snuggling into the pillow. It's 3 in the morning and I need all the sleep I can and I have been sleep deprived since the last two days while looking after the twins. Kyran just groaned before stretching and going into the nursery adjacent to our room.

We had agreed for a truce since the kids can feel what our emotions are and could greatly affect them while they are growing up—so we had set a rule that he won't pester me for a while and I will not act hostile towards him. We agreed as adults to stay civil towards each other and it had been nearly a cycle, 3 and a half months specifically since we sealed the deal. Surprisingly—he stay true to his words.