Chapter 2

I ran as hard as I could, trying to keep my belt buckle from flopping all over the place. From down the hall, I could already hear the teacher taking the attendance. Finally, she called mine. "Wesley Clark." I burst into the room, and raised my hand. "Here!" I said, panting like a dog, trying to catch my breath. Then, everyone started to laugh at me. What the heck was going on? Was this some kind of prank, or joke that the class was pulling on me. I could feel my belt buckle laying on my foot, and looked down... only to see that my pants were scrunched down by my ankles, and had fallen down as I entered the room. My luck could not be this bad! 

 I struggled to pull my pants back up, and then walked over to the last desk available. The guys sitting behind me were still giggling and talking about the brand of my underwear. "Hey Wesley?" One of them asked. "What?" "The strip club is that way." That jerk probably thinks he's so funny. God, just kill me now! Then, out of the blue, the lamp above fell from the ceiling and fell on my foot. I yelled at the the top of my lungs and started mumbling a bunch of cuss words, while trying to endure the agonizing pain. The teacher called the ambulance, while she and the P.E. teacher tried hauling the light off my ankle. After it all, I couldn't take the discomfort. I finally lost my breath, and then passed out. 

 I woke up in an infirmary, my Mom and Dad looking at me from beside the hospital bed. I looked down on my foot and saw a thick, ugly cast on my left foot. "What the-" "Stay in bed!" My Mom said to me, pushing me back down. I bet she was wishing I was a girl, then this would have never happened.

 Two days later, I came back to school, but nobody really cared that I had a cast on my leg. That is, everyone except Kyle Watson and Jason Powell. They took turns stepping on my bad foot in English class, making me grunt and squeal like a moron, having everyone else in the room looking at me like I was some kind fool.

   Everyday was just getting worse and worse. My life is terrible. Absolutely terrible