Chapter 18

I walked around the neighborhood to take in some fresh air, when all of a sudden, I saw Evan darting through the street in his car. I looked in the direction he was driving in: he was taking the rout to my home town; even worse, most likely Savannah's house! He sped through traffic like a cheetah hunting it's prey. I begged my mom for her car keys, and sped after him as we zipped through the freeway.

   After a long five hour drive, I slowed down, and watched as he stepped out of his car and walked up to the porch of the house. I wasn't surprised when I saw that it was, of coarse, Savannah's house. Savannah invited him in, and he disappeared through the doorway. Wow, I thought. This girl gets over guys really fast! I peeked in into the window and watched them get closer, and closer, seeming to get more and more romantic every second. Then, they were past the limit, and Evan reached in for a kiss.

  My heart stopped as I thought of a way to tell Oscar about this. I watched as they got within arms distance. Just as their lips grazed each other's, something large fell through the ceiling. An extremely injured Oscar got up, his face bruised and cut, he spat out blood, preparing to show no mercy to Evan. He looked as the two new lovebirds pulled away from the kiss. 

  "NOOOOOO!" Yelled Oscar as he charged forward in rage, leaping forth onto Evan, and repeatedly beating him with a cast. Evan got up and left. "Screw them! I'm sticking to Des Moines girls! This town sucks Wesley! It sucks! I get knocked out, twice, and then right as I'm about to kiss one of the hottest girls in mid-west America, Oscar has to come barging through the ceiling and whack me with his arm-cast! Evan is out!" I watched him stamp out and hop back into his car.  

    I focused my attention back to Oscar and Savannah, who were kissing already. What the heck?!? She just cheated on him, and now they were making out. I honestly don't get relationships. But, I think I'd just just let them be for now.

    As I strolled back to the  spot where my car was parked, I looked back at Savannah's house, only to see Nolan on top of a tree. I took it that he was spying on Alyssa, but he seemed pretty lonely, so I let him spy on my super-duper hot girlfriend. I felt like having fun, so I picked up a rock and through it at him. I observed as the rock flew past him and landed in another patch of leaves. Oh shit! I realized that that was the tree which was inhabited by that rabid squirrel. I peered at the space behind him as the rabid squirrel crawled out of the clearance. It had a red mark on it's forehead, which must had been made by the rock I had thrown. It made a growl-clatter sound, and gaped at Nolan as the poor football player turned around in fear. The rabies-filled rodent attacked him, clawing at his face and tearing his clothes. "AAAHHH! Call the freaking exorcist!!! It's possessed!!! Call the freaking EXORCIST!!!"

   I stared in shock as he fell out of the tree. I rushed over to his aid. "I'm sorry for spying on your  girlfriend! Please forgive me! I'm sorry!" He ran off like crazy.

  Back in Des Moines, I was so happy to know that I could relax. That was, until I realized Odin was still in Vegas!!! I panicked, and thought of a master plan to help him. I was planning a rescue mission!