Chapter 3

Finally, I had made it to weekend #1, only 47 more to go. I decided to go to the movie theater, because it's the only place you can go when you've got a broken ankle. On my way there, I walked by the local dog-park, looking to my left to see all of the dogs rolling around on the grass and having fun, totally wishing that I could be one of them. Then, I heard a woman's voice behind me. "Butch! Butch, come back here!" I turned, only to see a 120 pound Rottweiler chasing after me. I tried to run away, but when you're wearing a big, thick cast on your foot, the most you can do is speed-waddle. The farthest I went was a few yards before the giant canine tackled me and sunk it's teeth into my good leg, causing me to bleed. I winced in pain as the owner dragged the dog away from me, and ran away while covering her face. "Come back here you bastard! I'm gonna sue you no matter what you filthy coward!" 

  I walked onto my front porch and knocked on the door. My dad peeked through the looking hole. "Gee, you're back early." He opened the door and looked at my wounds. "Oh... um... I think I should go get an ice pack." I didn't respond, just walked into the room and sat down on the couch, waiting for the next grenade in the box to explode.