Chapter 3

"Well, we're here..."Simon said, we all got out of the car, and shut the doors, each with a solid 'thud'. "Where ever "here" is " Simon finished, before us stood an old house. If you could even call it a house. More like a tree house, but on the ground. The boards all looked splinter filled, and white paint peeled from every board.

        "Let's go inside" Carrie said, as she started walking twoards the building. We all followed, and soon stood at the entrance of the shack. Carrie stepped in, and we followed. I suddenly felt as though my childhood was running inside of me, and trying to remind me of what I did as I child. I had never remebered my child hood, I just figured that I moved a lot, or something along those lines.

        "Hey! Look, there's a chest over here" I said, walking over to the darkest corner of the room, and wiped off the dust of the bronze chest. "I wonder what's inside" I said, my voice almost dreamy, as I fondled the look trying to get inside. I shifted my body weight, and stepped on something. 'What the hell" I thought to myself, as I moved my left foot to see what was under my foot, it was a key. 'hah' I thought to myself, picking up the key and pushing it inside of the lock. I turned the key, and the lock sprang open, almost as if it was streching from being locked for so long. I tossed the lock to the side, and put the key in front of my feet, and tried opening the chest, but it was to heavy. "Chase, can you help me?" I asked, Chase nodded and popped it open. By now we were all standing around the chest.

        "Ready?" I asked, my heart beating a million beats a second, I lifted the lid , at first I saw nothing but then when I lifted all the way up, I did see something, something terrible. "AAAHH" I screamed, and steppd to run out of the shack, but my foot went through one of the boards , and upon looking down I saw two skulls underneath my foot. I yanked my foot up out of the floor, and ran outside of the shack. I braced my self agaist the side of the shack, not caring about splinters, and threw up. 

        "Joyce! It's okay" I heard Simon say. I looked up at him, from beneath my eyes and scowled at him for all it's wort. "OKAY?! THAT IS NOT OKAY" I yelled, wiping my mouth off on a napkin, then throwing the napkin to the ground. "There is a dead girl inside of that chest, and skeletons underneath the damn flooring!" I said, my voice dangerously low. "This is a mistake, we shouldn't be doing this.

        "Joyce, look" Christina said, walking out of the shack, holding a piece of paper. She handed it to me, and grudginly I looked. "I-It can't be...." I said, looking down at the picture. The picture showing all of us sitting in the shack, not smiling but just looking at the camera.

        "This can't be us! I don't even know you guys...." I half whispered, looking at everyone.

        "I know" Carrie said."It doesn't make sense. I mean, how is it that 7 people who have never met, are invited to a funeral, of a person whom nobody knows. And ends up finding a letter to all of us, by a person we don't know. And then we end up in a shack where there are pictures of us, and skeletons and dead bodies. I mean, it should be impossibel, but here we all are." She finished, we all stood in silence.

        Nobody knew what to say, there wasn't anything to say. It was all to mysterious, and yet all so logical. I mean, how do 7 people who've never met, be the same people who are best friends?