16.

Jane Foster, the Midgardian scientist, was lying in the middle of the main hall of the researchers' wing.

While the researchers examined her, Thor and Loki were talking.

"So, what is with her? Where did you find her?" Loki asked Thor.

"In the middle of nothing, really. Her friend, Darcy Lewis, said that she was gone for hours," he answered.

"Very well. So, we haven't got any idea as to what happened during that time. Do you, by any chance, have any other clues?" Loki asked again.

"The policemen, Midgard's section of safety, were called by Darcy to look for Jane. When she appeared, they wanted to take her with them, and they looked like a threat.

When they touched her, almost an explosion came through her body, red everywhere."

"Did you say red?"

Thor's eyebrows immediately clutched together. As he was thinking, his forehead was gaining more and more wrinkles.

Loki let him think for a moment before realising that Thor wasn't going to find the answer without his help. He glanced at Jane, who was happily chatting with Lady Ismir, and then he began explaining.

"Brother, do you know of a significant astronomical phenomenon that we're about to witness?" He asked him.

"The Convergence is coming, this time on Midgard. You're saying she found a way to another realm?" Thor asked his brother.

"Exactly. It shouldn't have been possible, but... Maybe, just maybe, she found The Aether," Loki said while looking at the ground.

"But The Aether was supposed to be destroyed. Our grandfather did so!"

"Well... It definitely wouldn't be the first thing the Kings of Asgard lied about..." Loki pointed out.

Thor looked at him, inquiry in his eyes. Loki just waved his hand, motioning that it was a discussion for another time.

As the two brothers didn't have anything left to say to each other, they stood in silence until Lady Ismir came to them.

"I checked everything I could check, tested everything possible to be tested-"

"Did you speak with Jane about it?" Thor interrupted her.

"I... No, I did not. I thought it would be best to discuss it with you first. The less people know, the better," she answered with a puzzled look.

"Is it what I think it is?" Loki asked her.

"I'm afraid so."

"In that case, I want every single person capable of helping to know about the situation. Inform all medics and technicians, the guard, elders, sorcerers and sorceresses, everyone. And, most importantly, tell it to the Queen," Loki said.

"Loki, what's your plan?" Thor whispered to him.

"I'm trying to make Asgard work together to protect and eventually save her," Loki replied, "now, let's consult it with Lady Jane, shall we?"

Loki started promptly walking away, both Thor and Lady Ismir had to awkwardly run so that they would catch up with him.

But when they did, he was already talking to her.

"So, I suddenly appeared in this strange place, everything was dark. I'm quite sure I went to a different realm, and from the descriptions... I'd say Svartalfheim?"

She looked at Loki with a questioning look to see if that could be possible.

"Well then, we're in quite a bit of trouble. The thing inside you is called The Aether. It's a powerful weapon with which one can manipulate reality. But, and please, I don't mean this as an offence, your body is simply too weak to hold it. If we don't remove it soon, your body systems will eventualbe collapse and you will die."