PART 14.

AUGUST, 2005

Takemichi's anger fueled him to try and land a hit on Mikey but, he was far too easily evaded. He landed into the large pile of trash bags and came out with all kinds of things on him. 

He stormed over and shook Draken by the hem of his shirt. He was shaking from all of the things he wanted to say but, knew he couldn't and struggled to keep them at bay. Akkun was quick to run out and hold Takemichi back by his arms. 

"Takemichi, don't! Do you have a death wish?!" Akkun asked him and repeatedly pulled him back each time he tried to escape. 

"Shut up! Let go of me!" he yelled. "You don't give a shit about what happens to those around you, do?!" He shouted at Draken and Mikey. 

"Sorry, man. We didn't mean to hurt you," Draken said and was not phased by Takemichi lashing out at them. 

"You don't even know I exist, do you?!" he continued. 

Y/n stepped forward with raised hands in front of her to calm him down. "Just relax a bit, alright?"

"Don't you get it? They don't care...and that's why they're fighting." Takemichi finally stopped struggling and fell down to his knees. "You don't. You don't realize how much trouble you cause for people around you when you fight do you?"

He grit his teeth and light tears started to fall.

"Takemichi..." Y/n muttered. 

"All the people who looked up to you two end up fighting, too! This isn't just  your problem! You're gonna split Toman apart! That's just too sad! I don't want that to happen! I can't bear to watch it! You guys are just so cool, and..."

"Takemitchy," Mikey then tried to say in Y/n's place since Takemichi didn't seem to listen to her. 

"Whatever. Just go home."

"You know this whole time, you've had turd in your hair," Mikey stated with a blank face. 

He immediately went to swat it out of his hair and it fell to the floor. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"i was trying but, per usual you can't stop yourself when you're in the middle of your heartfelt speeches," Y/n huffed in annoyance. 

"Well it was because those two-" Takemichi stepped forward and everyone else took an even larger step backwards. 

"Run, Ken-chin! The shit's coming after us!"

"God, you reek!" Draken commented before the two of them ran away together while laughing hysterically amongst each other. Everyone was confused but relieved that they somehow made up with one another. Then, Takemichi could smell the stench coming from his hair. 

"God, my head reeks! What am I supposed to--" he turned to see the Mizo Middle trying to leave before he could notice. Before he could even get a word in they ran away and were shouting about how bad he smelled as they ran. "Come back here, dammit!" he called out to them. 

Takemichi finally turned to Y/n who had been the last person standing with him. Once he glanced back at her she took a step back and pinched her nose while her lips turned down in disgust. 

"Thanks for staying, Y/n."

"The things I do to gain your trust.." she muttered and turned her face away from him. 

**

"Why were you guys even fighting?" Takemichi asked after he had already washed his hair of the horrid stench and everyone moved to an empty area which appeared to be some kind of park. 

Mikey was laid back with Draken sitting beside him. "I forgot," they both answered in unison. 

"But Ken-chin was right," Mikey said and stood up to look at the sky. "Pah ended up turning himself in."

Y/n laid back on the stone as her hair spread to the sides of her head. She didn't say anything but, she wished that she could have done more for Pah. After everything that happened, Y/n felt as if she could've done more for him. Maybe could have even prevented it if she'd been beside Kisaki rather than trying to fix the damage he caused after it'd already been done.

"Let's celebrate lots when Pah's a free man," was the only thing Mikey finished with before he and Draken went off to play soccer with the others. 

Some of Takemichi's friends came over to congratulate him for ending the feud between them and tried to compliment Y/n for supporting Takemichi. She gave a tight lipped smile that was strained and Takemichi quickly shooed his friends away. 

"I did it. I changed history," he said with a wide grin as he fell back in relief. On the other hand, Y/n's lips only downturned as she sat up and glanced down at him. 

"It was too easy. This can't be it," she warned. 

"Come on, Y/n! The conflict was caused by the factions of Mikey and Draken because they were fighting, now they're not. We resolved the main problem," he tried to reason but Y/n only shook her head. 

"I may not know the exact details of this event but, I know Kisaki and his plans wouldn't be this easy to prevent. I just have this feeling--"

She was interrupted by a feminine voice in the distance which caught both of their attention. "Hina?" Takemichi said.

"I'm here, too," Emma announced in a sing song voice.

The rest of the evening was peaceful since everyone laughed and enjoyed each other's company someone their ages should have been doing all along. Y/n talked with the girls on the steps while the rest of them watched in awe of Mikey bouncing the ball off his head. 

"Hina finally worked up the courage to ask out her own boyfriend!" Emma cheered dramatically. 

"And what about you, Emma? Ask anyone to go with you?" Y/n wore a teasing grin and glanced over to see her completely flustered. 

"Actually I did ask him, Y/n. I think this is my chance to finally get some alone time with him!" she said triumphantly. 

"You can do it, Emma!" Hina said supportively and pumped her arms. She then turned her head over to Y/n who smiled at them. "What about you, Y/n? Are you going to invite anybody special?"

She waved her hands in dismissal and laughed a bit. "I'm afraid I don't have anybody I can ask."

"What about Mitsuya?" Hina asked.

"Or Baji," Emma suggested. "I heard he was talking about you with Draken and them."

"Really?" Y/n asked more eagerly than she meant to before she cleared her throat and leaned back. "I mean, we're not really close or anything so..."

"You talk big but, you're in the same boat!" Emma said in amazement with a wide grin. 

"You guys would be cute," Hina added happily as she clapped her hands together gently.

Even as Y/n became immensely embarrassed she still didn't want the feeling of genuine warmth to end. Yet, she couldn't let herself stop worrying about Kisaki's plans.

Something in her gut told her that August 3rd would be a night to remember and her date would be least memorable thing about it. 

a/n: so the universe was warning be to tread lightly w/ my writing including k*saki because the other day i almost got k*saki'd and i swear that truck appeared out of THIN AIR.