11. Paperwork

That following week, Elle had finally started working down in the shop as an official employee of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

She had acquired a uniform which consisted of a short plaid skirt and a t-shirt with their signature W logo in the corner, both of them feigning colors of purple, orange, and grey.

Elle quite enjoyed working down in the shop, especially now that she didn't have to worry about putting too much pressure on her leg like before. She was now able to perform every duty she needed to in order to help George and Fred maintain their booming business.

She did everything from stocking products, feeding the Pygmy Puffs, running the cash register, darting back and forth to the storage room to collect supplies that had run out during work hours (and had several quick snogging sessions with George in there too), as well as cleaning duties and light paperwork which deemed very helpful to the twins.

They had recently received more products from their new line of WonderWitch, which consisted of different sorts of love potions and such, so George, Elle, Fred, and Alicia kept a careful eye on their count on each of them, making sure that nothing ran short other than the ones bought by customers— they wanted to make sure Juliette wasn't sneaking any behind their backs.

Before they completely accused her of being a Veela, they wanted to be absolutely certain that she wasn't slipping potions to him somehow.

Elle kept an extra close eye on Juliette that week, watching her from across from the shop to make sure she didn't disappear somewhere she wasn't supposed to and making sure kept her hands to herself.

But despite their efforts, Juliette was still trying her best to make hard passes at Lee, George and Fred. Lee wouldn't speak to any of them other than Juliette, and occasionally the twins if he was forced into the situation, but he didn't dare speak or look at Alicia or Elle.

Elle's heart sank as she would watch Lee glued to her hip from across the shop, watching as Juliette would whisper things in his ear and leave subtle touches before they parted. It was hard seeing their friend being taken advantage of and there was nothing they could do but stand back and watch— they needed proof first.

Lee wasn't a bad person by any means, he was always the life of the party, George and Fred's right hand man, but it seemed that in the blink of an eye that all had changed.

He didn't crack jokes anymore or join in on pranking endeavors, his focus was solely on Juliette Karsone, the bitch, the Veela, the girl who was trying to break their group apart.

With Halloween only being a few short days away, the shop was busier than usual like it always was when the holidays neared, so Elle and George hadn't had much time to themselves to fool around much to her dismay.

She missed him, she missed being with him even though he was nearly always in the same room. During the work hours if they were able to, they would sneak off for a few minutes for a quick snogging session, and when they couldn't do that, they would exchange tension filled glances— it was quite obvious that both of them were aching for each other.

"Excuse me."

A tiny voice came from behind Elle and she turned around to see a little girl she guessed to be around the age of five, smiling up at her with a toothless crooked grin and a plastic tiara on top of her bouncy curls.

"Hey there," She knelt down to her level and smiled, "What can I do for you, Princess...?"

"My name's Cora." The girl giggled and leaned in towards Elle to whisper, "Don't tell anyone, but I'm not a real princess."