Chapter 11

Maniyah

I parked my car and sat in it for a minute. I was contemplating on if I should even talk to this nigga or not.
After thinking for about five minutes I got out the car and walked into the building.

I walked into the condo and seen Marion, my dad, the man that was with Cindy, a teenage boy and a pretty older lady. I sat my purse down on the couter and walked into the living room with everybody else.

"Hi everyone,"I said politely and sat next to Marion on the love seat.

They all looked shocked that I even said something, I was surprised too.

"Really Niyah,"Marion complained,"How you gon squeeze over here wit me? This chair not dat big."

"Shut up I can sit here if I want."

Our dad looked at him sternly and he smacked his lips and didnt say nothing. I silently laughed in my head.

"So um...,"I started,"I wanted to apologize to all of you for my behavior yesterday. Dat really wasnt my intentions but I jus reacted off of anger."

"Oh baby, its fine. I would have acted the same way if I was in your shoes,"the pretty older lady said and smiled.
I smiled,"Thank you. So you mind tellin me who you are?"

"I'm surprised you dont remember me. I'm ya granny sweetie, Byron's momma and I remember you had your fourth birthday party at my house and you cried when yo daddy and dat guy got into a fight,"she said warmly.

My eyes lit up like a chandelier and ran into her arms and cried tears of joy.

"Granny I miss you so much,"I cried as she rubbed my back,"And I miss yo yams, greens an sweet water cornbread."

Everybody laughed when I said that.

"I miss you more,"she said with tears down her cheeks and kissed my cheek,"Dont worry I beat yo daddy's ass plenty of times bout everything and kicked his ass out my house as well."

I slightly chuckled and wiped my face.

"Now dats yo uncle Chance, he jus got out of jail three days ago and Cindy is his daughter,"my granny said introducing me to the buff man sitting next to my dad and they did look alike.

"I know you dont remember me cause last time I saw you, you was two years old,"he said,"But I'm glad to finally see all my peoples again cause it been some years."

I frowned. No wonder why people thought me and Cindy looked alike or thought we was real sisters, she was my cousin and her dad and my dad looked alike and she looked just like her dad.

"Cindy's momma Hope, is my foster mom,"I said.
Everybody turned and faced me with shocked expressions on their faces again.

"What?"Chance asked.

"Yea I been livin wit her an her boyfriend Derek since I was
ten years old."

"Wow,"they all said.

I nodded my head and it was quiet for a few minutes for everybody to take in what I just said.

The teenage looking boy looked lost so I spoke up.

"Who is you?"I asked him. He looked so much like my dad it was crazy. Me and Marion looked like our dad but not as much as this lil nigga did.

The boy looked over to my dad and my dad looked at me.

"Clayton, he's your lil brother,"my dad said.

"Damn I got another brother?"I asked,"Where my sisters at?"