Chapter 2

Byron

"Yall lil niggas listen up!"I yelled as I walked through the old warehouse doors.

Everybody turned their attention towards me. Man I love having this kind of power, I thought to myself.

"I dont know what yall issue is, but yall muthafuckas is slippin,"I continued,"All I know is all my fuckin money and product betta be here by the end of this week, or somebody is gettin bodied. Now get back to work!"

Everybody scurried around and went to go do what the fuck I pay they asses to do.

"Aye Beasty, and Trill, lemme holla at yall real quick,"I say heading towards my office.

I sat behind my desk and lit a cigar as Beasty and Trill took a seat in front of my desk.

"Wassup boss?"Trill asked as I blew out smoke.

"I'ma need yall to go to dat lil nigga July house party and scope him out."

"You want us to babysit a nigga?"Beasty asked in disbelief.

I blew out smoke from my cigar and put it out.

"Look, yall gon go to his damn house party and keep a low profile and see what dat lil nigga about,"I said sternly.

"C'mon pop, forreal?"

I nodded towards Trill and he left out my office.

"Marion stop fuckin bitchin and do what the fuck I told yo ass to!"I yelled.

He sighed,"This bout Niyah, ain't it?"

It was all about my babygirl, I heard she was gon be there and I wanted to make sure she safe, like I always have. I been making sure my babygirl safe since I got out the hospital years back.

Nah them niggas couldn't get rid of Byron Lamir Barnes if they asses wanted to! My nigga Bobby took my ass to the hospital and I stayed in there for about a month or so.

I sighed heavily,"Yea it is, I jus gotta make sure babygirl safe man."

"You know Ion got no problem lookin after my lil sister pop, jus say the shit next time"Marion said.

I had Marion a year before Maniyah came.

"Watch yo mouth boy, and I know, Ion need Trill an all them other lil niggas in my business."

He smiled,"Aight I got you old man. So when this party start?"

I looked at my rolex,"At nine, so inna few hours, an only you an dat nigga Trill."

"Aight, I got you,"he said and left my office.

I sat back in my chair and reminisced back to the days when I was a lil nigga tryna make it.
"Lamir! Get yo ass down here now!"my momma yelled.
I walked my tired ass down the stairs and just stood there.
"What the fuck is this?!"she yelled and threw a big ziploc bag at me, which contained some Meth in it.
I just shrugged and yawned. A nigga was tired and wanted to go to sleep.
"Byron don't fuckin play wit me, where you get this shit from,"she said through gritted teeth.
"Don't worry bout dat,"I replied dryly.
She charged at my ass and started beating my ass.
"Byron you know betta to have dat shit in my house! You gon end up like yo daddy an brothers!"
She continued to yell and whoop my ass. I tried covering up as much as possible but she had my ass.
"Ma stop!"my sister Nyla yelled and pulled my momma off me.
I got up from the floor with tears in my eyes.
"Yo ass gon go ta jail for sellin dat shit Byron! I didn't raise yall damn kids like this!"my momma said and broke down.
Nyla started crying, shit all of us was crying.
"Byron if you gon sell dat shit you not bout to be up in my house wit it. I done dealt wit it too many times."
I wiped my tears and stormed out the house. I ran my ass to Scotty's trap house.
"Aye lil nigga!"somebody yelled at me as I bust in the trap house and ran downstairs to Scotty's office. I went inside his office.
"Put me on,"I said seriously as my chest heaved up and down.
He was sitting in his chair smoking a blunt.
"What lil nigga?"he asked.
"I said put. me. on."
Him and Wiz laughed like I said some joke.
"Youngin you only fourteen, what can you do for me?"
I went in my pockets and pulled out four thick stacks of money and threw it on his desk.
"I handle mines."
He rubbed his chin hair as he thought.
"Why you tryna get into this business, bruh? You got yo whole life ahead of you."
"I gotta kid on the way and ain't no nine to five gon help me take care of no kid. So either put me on or I take my shit and get ghost."
Wiz whispered something to him and Scotty nodded his head. He took out some duck tape, a 9mm, and two big ziploc bags full of weed.
"Aight youngin, step foward."