Chapter One - Intro to Kiyomi

Kiyomi POV

Waking up, I already wanted to go back to sleep. My sister was supposed to show up anytime this month. My parents and I tried to asked for a date or time, but she said whenever she shows up. I love my sister, but she can't stand me and I never understood why. We used to be close and one day she just shut me out. Things were never the same.

I quickly changed into my uniform and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for my parents. I brought the breakfast too their room and saw my mother preparing the bath for my father.

I walked over and placed a small kiss on my fathers cheek. Normally he wouldn't be okay with that. My father doesn't do affection. "Good morning father." He gave a weak smile and I turned to my mother.

My mother turned to me and smiled. "Thank you Kiyomi. Can you put it on the nightstand?"

I make sure everything was right then left for work. It's been hard to work lately with the condition of my father. He's getting worse everyday and he won't last long. He worked too hard and tried his best to provide for his which caused his health to have a high downfall.

The bell rang as soon as I walked in alerting Maggie that someone was here. She was rushing around to every table. "Oh good! Kiyomi you're here. There's so many reservations today and Carla went into labor early so it's just me, you, and James today."

I sent her a small smile. "Well maybe I can stay extra and make sure everything goes okay."

She pulled into a tight hug. "You're an angel Kiyomi! An actual angel!

I laughed and went to the back to put my stuff away. Grabbing my notepad, I put my hair in a bun and went to the front. Maggie told me to put all the desserts on display and put menus on the tables. Soon enough people started coming in and I put on my famous smile.

This was going to be a long day.