Chapter Four - The Park

Third Person POV

Kiyomi was in the kitchen making herself some lunch when her mother came rushing downstairs making her drop her plate which shattered into pieces. She stopped at the bottom to catch her breath then turned to Kiyomi when she heard the crash. "Don't move Kiki. I'll clean it." She said softly, grabbing the broom and dustpan. Kiyomi stood where she was to not step on any pieces. Once her mother was done she grabbed her hand and took her to the table to sit down.

"Did you have something to tell me mom?"

"Yes I did. Your sister is on her way."

Kiyomi froze at her mother's words. She knew her sister would come by sometime soon, but she never thought it would be this soon. Isabella absolutely hated Kiyomi. Her reasoning was that Kiyomi got too much attention from her parents leaving with nothing. With her father being sick and handicap, Isabella had to take care of her younger sister while their mother took care of their father. She hated how everyone loved Kiyomi. The attention should be on the oldest. Isabella hated how everyone was so happy when Kiyomi did something right.

"When will she be here?" She whispered to her mother while putting her head down.

"A few hours at the most. Your father is resting, so I'll make something to eat and we'll wait for Isabella." Her mother immediately started thinking of dishes to make for her oldest daughter.

"I think I'll go to the park for a bit." Her mother's head snapped towards her hearing those words.

"Kiki, you should be here when your sister gets here. Anyway it'll rain soon." Kiyomi sighed but continued to push her mother to let her go.

"Please mom! I'll be back before she gets here and before it rains. I just need some time for myself right now." Her mother sighed and nodded softly.

Kiyomi smiled and hugged her mother before going upstairs. She grabbed her Minnie Mouse bag and her pink notebook. She turned to the page that had the list for her little bag.

Kiki's Little Bag
Little journal
Sippy cup of water
Disney coloring books
Small stuffie
Stress toys
Minnie Mouse paci
Small first aid kit

Once she had everything packed, she checked the list twice then went into her closet to change. She picked her Stitch sweater and her white skirt. Then she put on her blue sneakers and a white bow in her hair. She did a little spin feeling very cute and left to go to the park. It wasn't a long walk, but she still occupied herself by making shapes with the clouds. She found her favorite bench in the shade and pulled out all her stuff.

On the other side of the park Josiah and Vincent were sitting on a bench watching Liam and Noah chase each other around. Vincent kept taking pictures while Josiah was on his phone checking emails. Vincent turned to him and sighed.

"Come on babe we're here to watch our little ones play around. Liam is already pouting because you won't watch him on the swings."

Josiah smiled and turned to the pouting little boy on the swings. He blew him a kiss making him blush and kick his legs. Noah let his gaze wander as he pushed Liam and stopped when he saw Kiyomi. Something about her was special and he could feel it, but he ignored the feeling and turned his attention back to Liam.