Chapter Ten - Sick Baby

Third Person POV

The sunlight began to shine inside Kiyomi's room waking her up from her peaceful sleep. She stretched and forced herself out of bed. She was surprisingly very excited to go to work. Her dream the night before made it even better. Her and Liam had toys spread out all over the floor as they played and laughed for hours. She had nothing to worry about and nobody to impress. Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she went to her bathroom to get ready.

Once she got to work, Maggie pulled her into a tight hug. "You've been hanging out with my boys lately. They better be taking care of you."

Kiyomi let out a small giggle. "They've  been amazing! Do you think they'll visit today? They usually text in the morning, but today I didn't get anything."

"Oh sweetie", Maggie's face turned to one of concern. "Josiah came by earlier to get some soup. Poor Liam and Vincent have the flu."  She could suddenly see the panic in Kiyomi's face. "It's okay honey! How about we go visit after your shift?"

She nodded and played with her hands. "Okay that sounds good."

                        ~

They pulled up to the house and Kiyomi ran out to ring the doorbell. Josiah answered instantly not surprised at all to see her. Maggie had called while Kiyomi was cleaning to talk about the girl's panic when she found out they were sick. He thanked Maggie and took Kiyomi inside leading her to the couch.

"Sweetheart, I know you want to see them, but I don't want you getting sick." He said kneeling down to her level.

Kiyomi let out a small whine and grab his hand. "No please don't kick me out! I want to help them feel better."

Josiah sighed and looked into her eyes. "Alright sweetie, I'll let you help out. If you do end up getting sick, you let me know and I'll come pick you up so we can all take care of you." She nodded and stood up.

Josiah led her to Liam's room and opened the door. The sight completely broke his heart. His little boy was in bed sniffling and crying. Kiyomi ran over and gave him a big hug. "Kiki!!!"
She giggled and climbed in bed with him. "Hi bubba! I'm here to help you feel better." Joisah smiled and took a picture.

The noise sadly woke uo Vincent who walked in the room with a box a tissues in his hand. "What's going on?" Joisah turned around surprised. "You're supposed to be in bed babe."

Vincent ignored him and looked at the bed. "When did she get here? She'll get sick." Josiah grabbed his hand and led him to the couch downstairs. "Maggie called as soon as she showed up for work. Poor little one was hoping to see us there and almost had a panic attack when Maggie mentioned you and Liam being sick." Vincent cuddled up to his husband making himself comfortable. "Poor thing. She'll definitely help Liam feel better and Noah when he wakes up from his nap.

"I'll wake him soon love. You barely got any sleep last night. Stay here and I'll take care of everything." Vincent nodded already being half asleep.

Noah was resting peacefully in his room while Kiyomi and Liam were cuddled up on his bed. She could've sworn somebody was playing with her hair and put a pacifier in her mouth. It was an extremely peaceful evening for everyone.

Or so they thought...