Chapter Eight - Dinner

Third Person POV

Vincent pulled up to Kiyomi's house and watched as she quickly got in the car. Her mother and sister were already asleep so she just needed to worry about getting back before they woke up. "Where do you wanna eat little one?" Vincent asked. "Anywhere is okay with me." She replied with her head down. "What did Josiah say about keeping your head up?" She quickly blushes remembering their interaction and puts her head up.

"You seem to get along with Noah and Liam pretty well." Vincent smiled and looked at her.

"You're all really nice to me." She looked down thinking for a moment. "I can relate with Liam on some stuff."

He hummed and continued driving for a while before stopping the car in front of a small McDonalds. He stopped the car and rushed over to Kiyomi's side before she could get out, opening the door for her. She smiled at him and mumbled a small "thank you" before grabbing his hand. He looked down confused, but didn't mind it.

In Kiyomi's mind was a mix of big and little thoughts. She saw a few families inside which was surprising because it's late. The thought of interacting with people and having people look at her makes her nervous. She interacts enough at work and now she just wants to relax. Vincent squeezed her hand pulling her out of her thoughts. They ordered quickly and of course Vincent ordered for Kiyomi while she pointed at what she wanted.

He walked her to a small table in the corner and sat down beside her still holding her hand. "You look nervous sweetheart. What happened?" He asked her softly.
She immediately put her head down, feeling back for worrying him. He lifted her head up and gave her a look. "Remember what we told you." She looks up at him with a few tears in her eyes. "People." She said pointing around. He immediately understood because Liam gets those types of thoughts a lot. "Are there too many people sweetheart?" He asked, rubbing her hand. She nodded and looked around. "Would it be okay if it's people you know?" She looked at him confused, but slowly nodded.

The doors of the restaurant opened showing Liam holding Josiah's hand and Noah holding his arm. Liam broke free and ran over hugging Kiyomi before Josiah scolded him. "Baby I told you to be gentle with her and you know your no running rule." Liam stepped away from Kiyomi and pouted, saying sorry papa, earning a forehead kiss from Josiah. Kiyomi waved at Noah and opened her arms. He got the message and hugged her before sitting beside her and stealing a couple of her fries.

She glared at him playfully and continued eating. Josiah switched places with Vincent as he sat down beside Kiyomi. She stopped eating and looked at him. "Do you have anything planned for tomorrow love?" She shook her head and took a sip of her drink. "Why don't you come to our house tomorrow and we can talk about some stuff? Liam can show you his favorite way to build a fort and I'm sure he wants to make some cookies. How does that sound little one?" Her face lit up as she nodded her head excitedly. "That sounds goods." He smiled as he heard part of her little voice. They continued eating for a while then Vincent dropped her off  at her house, but not before kissing her forehead and saying goodnight.