Brunch

Adam's POV

"Okay, I'll stay."

He looks at me stunned by my response. "Wait. Really?" 

"What do you mean really? I can just go if you..."

"No, no, please don't. I just thought you'd say no and walk out on me." he interrupts.

We both stood there staring at each other awkwardly. Did he even think this through? He just automatically assumed I'd say no but now I've caught him in a pickle. He has no idea what to do.

"Well I'm staying..." 

"Uh, to be honest. I didn't think this far ahead. Did you want to go out or something?" he asked.

I was stunned at he just asked me out. Why is he rushing this between us all of a sudden.

"You're asking me to be your boyfriend...?"

"Oh no, no. I meant did you wanna go out like go get something to eat or something." he looks at me awkwardly.

He looks super embarrassed by what just happened. I sure know how to make things awkward when I need to. I rub my hands over my hair and try to laugh it out. My eyes meet with his and he has begun to laugh at me. 

"Why are you laughing at me?!" I furrowed my brows.

"Nothing..." he laughs again. "Did you wanna go get some lunch or brunch then? You know, since it's only eleven." 

Now I was feeling embarrassed but I guess going out in public might make things normal for us. 

"I guess that's okay."

------

We had found a nice little cafe spot in the neighbourhood with an outdoor seating area. It was really nice and secluded spot for a cafe. We sat down and grabbed the menus on the table. I got a quick glance at Chilled who had his head down trying to choose what to eat. He looked up and caught me staring at him.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Oh. I was just looking..."

"At me weirdly." he interrupts again.

Just as I was about to reply, the waitress had come over to us and asked us what we wanted. I glanced down at the menu and tried to make a quick decision. Chilled had already given his order and now we were just waiting on me.

"And you sir?" the waitress asked.

"I'll just have the BLT sandwich please. Oh can you also use wheat bread instead of white as well." I smiled.

"I will tell the cook sir. Anything to drink as well?" she looked at both of us.

"Water is fine thanks." Chilled spoke up.

She smiled and walked back in to the cafe. I looked around the area and tried not to make this more awkward then it was. 

"So, did you want to talk about us or?" 

I shake my head instantly at him. "I don't think we should do this here."

"Adam?! Is that you?!" a voice calls my name out.

The sound of my name makes me turn around. It was Slam. I jumped out of my seat and he pulled me into a hug. I smiled as he let go and then his eyes drew across to Chilled sitting opposite me. He gave me a weird look. We went out to lunch the day after Chilled and me had our fight. I told him everything that happened.

"Hey there Chilled, didn't recognize you for a second mate." Slam smiled to him.

Chilled stood up from his chair and quickly gave a hug to him as well.