|Sakura Tree| Haru X Hachi ~Shiro no Noroi~

Haru

"Hachi!!!" I run towards the direction of the lonesome Sakura tree. The tree that holds so much memories. I pass by columns of blooming Sakura trees. The view of the trees is really captivating, but finding Hachi is my top priority.

I stop running and fell on my knees from exhaustion. "Haru!" Hachi exclaimed. He was sitting by the Sakura tree along with Shiro. "I finally found you two!" I said in a tired yet cheerful tone. My cheerful expression faltered when I saw their closeness.

"Sorry if we made you tired. Hachi kept nagging me about being early." Shiro told me.

A sharp pain started to be felt around my chest. It was tightening by the second. "O-Oh. I see! I-It can't be helped if Hachi was the one making the decisions. He's too strict!" I stammer while forcing out a small laugh.

"Let's go to the festival! I want to try out that really tasty takoyaki!" I encouraged with a forced smile. "Sure!" Shiro agreed.

I skip ahead of them while repeatedly saying takoyaki. I stop in my tracks and drool over the takoyaki that was being cooked.

Hachi flicks my forehead. I squeal from the unexpected hit. "Hachi!" I whine. Shiro covers her mouth to hide her giggling and small laughter.

I rush to the stand and stare at the takoyaki. "3 sticks please!" I order with my eyes gleaming.

Shiro was about to reach for her wallet when Hachi stopped her hand and paid instead. "Thanks." Shiro says with a smile. Hachi just nods.

I inhale a bit to keep myself from reacting. "Hachi, you baka..."

"Did you say something, Haru?" Hachi asks. "Nope!" I reply as I shook my head.

We ate our takoyaki. After that, we headed to a shooting booth. "I wanna try!" I insist with a confident look. "Hachi, try to do it too!" Shiro persuades. "I don't need to." Hachi protests. Shiro playfully pushed him to the booth. I look away from them.

"Fine then..." He mutters.

I completely missed the first one, but hit all the targets after that. "Haru, you're good!" Shiro compliments while clapping. "Hehe! This is my secret talent! No one can beat me at-" I stop my sentence when Hachi did better than what I did.

"Hachi! You're good too!"

I completely blocked out their words. Why are they so close? Am I just a third wheeler? Just what is Shiro to Hachi?

"Haru! Haruuu!" Shiro calls out. "Huh?"

"You were in a daze for a moment there! Are you okay?" Shiro asks. "Are you not feeling well?" Hachi asks. That's it...

"O-Oh! I just remembered that I left something really important! I-I'm gonna go get it!" I run away from them. Tears wells up in my eyes.

No... No... I can't confront them like this! Don't look at me! Don't run after me! Don't see me crying like this!

I stop at the Sakura tree. Tears continuously flow down my cheek ni matter how much I wipe them away. "Haru..."

I freeze in place. His footsteps were becoming louder. "Haru, why are you crying?"

He reaches out to touch my shoulder, but I quickly turn away to run to the other direction. He holds my wrist so I wouldn't escape.

"Haru, look at me..." He says. I hesitantly look at him. His eyes widen. "Ha-Hachi... D-Don't give me that look." I stammer. I choke on my tears which Hachi could clearly see.

"Why are you crying?" He asks. "I don't want to be apart from both o-"

"What's the real reason?" He interrupts. I can't lie anymore. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"You know what, I'm really glad that we met. You were the first to see me and notice my presence when others couldn't. It was so lonely at first by the Sakura tree. But then Shiro came along! It became even more fun, but... Today, both of you were so close. I couldn't take it aymore. I-I love you, Hachi." I confessed, and then tears started to fall again.

"Haru..." Unexpectedly, Hachi pulls me close to him. He held me tightly as if I was something that could be lost easily. "Baka... I asked Shiro to help me get closer to you. Were you jealous? If so, then sorry." He says.

He brushes my tears away. I look at him and he does the same. Slowly, we both leaned in, and then our lips made contact.

We slowly pull way, and then we notice Shiro's presence. We both blush in embarrassment. She just smiles. "You guys are so cute!" She squeals. Hachi looks away. I do the same.

Well, this Sakura tree is so important. It holds my precious memories. Today's events are now a part of my memories with this Sakura tree, the tree that is so important to me.