|Christmas| Himeno Mikoto X Himuro Hitoshi ~Paranormal Syndrome~

[REQUESTED - Hachibani]

It was Christmas Eve. Himuro was still as busy and workaholic as ever. Even Kaga and Kirisaki were already being laid back.

"Hey, Himuro! Why don't you take a break? Those reports can wait until the last day of December." Kaga persuaded. Himuro took no notice of his colleague's words.

"You should at least rest today and tomorrow. It's Christmas. No need to stress over work." Kirisaki said. Himuro glanced at Kirisaki.

"Better to finish earlier than to wait until the final deadline."

Kirisaki sighed.

"Even Mikoto-chan went out of her way to invite us." Kaga remarked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Himuro stopped writing and turned to them. "She invited us?" He questioned.

"Yeah! She said, 'I'd like to thank Himuro-san for always helping me!' Without even mentioning the rest of us! She also said something about gifts for all of us."

Himuro's eyes widened in realization. "We didn't get anything for her. What time is it? And where?" He asked.

"An hour from now. We're going karaoke! She said that Kajiro Yuka will pay. Her parents wanted to thank us." Kaga answered. Himuro arranged his papers and left them in his drawer.

"Let's go." Himuro said to them. Kaga had a triumphant smirk while Kirisaki was just laughing slightly.

~¤~

Mikoto sat with Yuka. She listened to her sing while eagerly waiting for the rest to arrive. Well, mostly just one certain person.

A knock was heard and the rest arrived. "Himuro-san! Kaga-san! Kirisaki-san! You're here!" Mikoto said.

"You can order anything. It's all on me! Consider it a Christmas present." Yuka told them. "Woohoo! Pasta!" Kaga cheered. "I'll have tea." Kirisaki muttered.

Everyone made theirselves at home. Himuro sat next to Mikoto making the raven-haired girl fidget.

"I'll sing my heart out tonight!" Kaga exclaimed, holding a bottle of beer. "Go, Kaga-san!" Yuka cheered. "Oh gosh..." Kirisaki muttered.

While it was rowdy on their side, Himuro and Mikoto were having a more serene scene.

"Umm... Himuro-san, here!" She held out a present wrapped in white and was tied by a red ribbon.

"Merry Christmas..!" She greeted with a red face. He hesitantly took her present. When he did, Mikoto looked up at him with a really happy expression.

"Oho, that's a real good mood going on there." Yuka whispered and then smirked. Kaga and Kirisaki snickered at her comment.

Himuro noticed their stares and scowled at them. "It's quite disturbing here. Do you want to go outside?" He asks. She gives a short nod before following him outside.

"Where do you think they're going?" Kaga asks, with a smirk as he wiggled his eyebrows. Kirisaki hits his head before sighing.

"Himuro is not the type of person to do that." He says. "Mikoto is a pure, innocent girl! Nothing's gonna happen!" Yuka insists.

"When you see her after that, her innocence you talk about is long gone." He jokes and laughs a bit. Kirisaki hits his head again.

"What are you saying to a high school student!? And again, Himuro is not the type of person to do that!" He scolds.

Kaga laughs nervously before apologizing. "Sorry it was a joke!"

"But I really do wonder what's going to happen out there." Yuka says looking at the door.

~¤~
Himuro leads Mikoto to a nearby park. Mikoto's eyes gleam as she hurried over to the swing. Himuro smiles at her childishness.

She sits on the swing and he sits on the other. "Can I open my present?" He asks. "Sure!"

He unwraps the gift and takes the object into his hand. "This is a well made scarf."

It was a handmade, cream-colored scarf that had H.H. engraved on the corner.

"Thanks, Mikoto-san." He says. He digs for something in his pocket then gives it to her. "Here, your Christmas gift."

She opened the small box. It revealed a silver ring with a pink plastic crystal. "It's beautiful. It sort of reminds me of an engagement ring."

"I'm not sure what girls like so I'm glad I chose this." He mutters. "Next time, I would want an engagement ring fron you." She says. She pauses then realizes she said her thoughts out loud.

"I-I d-d-didn't mean to say th-that!" She stutters. Her face turns red. She covers it with her hands. Himuro blushes slightly but walks over to her. "I like you, Himuro-san." She whispers loud enough for him to hear.

He leans over and kisses her cheek. She let her hands fall to her sides as she stares at him in shock. "When you actually get a job, that ring will be replaced by an real ring."

"So-"

"I like you too, Mikoto."

Suddenly, rustling was heard frombthe bushes then Kirisaki, Kaga, and Yuka appeared.

"Yuka?!"

"Congratulations!" Kaga yelled. "We wish you both the best!" Kirisaki says.

"I'll be your maid of honor!" Yuka says eagerly. "What were you doing in the bushes?" Mikoto asks.

"Kaga-san's idea." Yuka answers.

"Let's go back." Kirisaki suggests. "Lets celebrate their wedding!" Kaga yells, earning him a whack on the head from Himuro. "You too?!" He complains.

They all laugh as they head back to the karaoke place. And the ring will have to wait for a quite long time...