Apologies

Andrew woke up to an ear piercing scream that night for a split second he had forgotten about the small man he held in a terrarium on his desk. Dazed and confused he looked around the room to see what could've caused the noise. It sounded like it came from far away. Yet somehow it sounded close enough for him to be jolted awake by it. After a few moments he'd remembered his guest on the nightstand. He looked over quickly, concerned that he may have been the source of the scream. But when he looked in he only saw some leftovers, the bottle cap, the bedsheet and pillow, but nothing else. He didn't see the small man. There was no sigh of him. He'd just disappeared. He let in a sharp breath as he looked at the empty terrarium. He could be anywhere. Who knows how long he could've been gone for.
     He abruptly sat up and swing his legs over the bed to stand, and as he stood up before his mind had a thought. What if he was somewhere on the ground? Andrew stood stiff as he looked around the room on the ground. It was hard to see in the dark, but the light from the window of the moon was enough to make out basic things. Before he could turn a light on he looked down at his feet, and what he saw made him sick to his stomach. There, lying limp, was the small man who he had found before. He was holding his arm while lying on his side. Andrew covered his mouth with both hands as his eyes grew wide at the sight. "Oh god" he said as he stepped over him to the opposite side and knelt down. "H-hey, are you ok?" He asked in a shaky tone as he reached a hand out to lightly nudge the man to the side, hoping he was still alive.

Kris flinched as the human touched him in the back. "S-stop" he said in a whisper, unable to take the pain any more. "Just go.. away.." he said in between small breaths as he opened his eyes to look up at the human kneeling over him.

"Y-you, you talked!" He exclaimed in a hushed voice, trying to keep quiet. Though he forced himself to put that in the back of his mind. "A-are you ok?" He asked as he gently scooped him up into two hands.

Kris groaned as he was picked up by the human. His vision was blurry, but he could see. In his pain he'd forgotten that he wasn't meant to talk at all. 'Well, guess that's d-done now' he thought drily. 'I'm such a screwup.' He'd thought.

"I'm not going to go away until I know that your ok." He said in a shaky yet stern tone, letting him know what he was serious about this. As he gently brought the small man up to his face he signed on his small desk lamp while going back to sit on his bed.

Kris closed his eyes again from the sudden light. He didn't say anything for a bit, though his morbid nature was beginning to get the better of him. "Look, we both know your going to.. going to.. to kill me" he said as he looked up at the human. His eyes were dark like knives from hell.

Andrew was taken aback by this. He moved the little guy a little further from his face and looked at him with a look of shock. "I'd never!" He said defensively. "All I've tried to do was make you feel comfortable." He said in a bit of a frustrated tone. Being accused of something so awful.. it was just horrific.

Kris flinched at the proclamation that the human had made. "Why would I believe a h-human like you?" He asked with venom in his voice. Both from frustration with this human and from the seething pain in his shoulder.

Andrew have a sigh before he continued. "Let me see your arm" he said as he laid the man on his pillow.

Kris instinctively pulled his working arm closer around his injured one.

"Can you tell me how it's feeling at least? Like describe what happened." He said as he got a bit closer. The little guys arm seemed to be limp almost.

Kris looked at him for a few more moments before he decided to tell him what happened.

Andrew listened to the story intensely until Ben got the the ,almost, end.