A Quick Trip

After a while Evan walked back into the room, his face slightly red and breaths heavily. "H-hey" he said with a soft smile as he waved while shutting the door behind him. He walked over to the bed as he looked around for Ben and for a moment he'd thought that he'd left, then he noticed him under the pillow once more. Evan knelt down by the bed, gripping it lightly with his fingers by the edge. "Ben?" He asked as he looked in the crack between the wall and the pillow. There sitting cross legged was Ben, head in his hands, and breathing softly. 'Is.. is he sleeping?' Evan thought with a soft smile. He gently poked Ben, to which he lazily opened his eyes to look at Evan's face. For a moment he looked startled but calmed himself once he realized it was a familiar face that greeted him.

Ben suddenly was woken up to a nudge on his side. He opened his eyes slowly to see a giant hand in front of him, for a moment making him panic, but eventually calmed himself once he realized it was only Evan. "Oh, hey.. sorry I.. I kinda dozed off there" he said with an awkward smirk.

Evan shook his head. "No needs to be sorry. I was gone for a bit longer than I wanted to be" he smiled weakly.

"Hey, are you okay? You don't look too hot." Ben said as he slowly got up and walked a bit closer, confused when Evan reeled his hands and head back. He was acting as if he were afraid of something.

"I'm fine!" He said quickly. "Im totally cool" he said as he nodded a few times to himself. "I was just thinking that.. maybe.. you shouldn't come along. I don't want you getting hurt or falling or something happening." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away.

This was it, now he knew that he'd done something wrong. He just couldn't figure out what it was. Had he overslept his boundaries by asking to go? Had he upset him by wanting to come along? Did Evan want him around at all?..
he just didn't know. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked quietly as he looked up to Evan with his small, pleading eyes. Confused and concerned of what he may had done to make his friend change in moods so easily almost a half hour prior.

"Did you- Ben no. no you did nothing." He said hastily. He reached out a hand to put it behind Ben in a comforting way, but before he could he stopped, remembering what he'd just seen in his mind. Quickly he reeled it away. "No. It me. I just.. I just got anxious I guess and I.. I got carried away I guess." He said with a sigh as he looked at the ground.

Ben looked at Evan with a sympathetic face as he looked at him. 'He's more scared than me' Ben thought. 'It's actually kinda cute' he thought as his face flushed pink and a smile crossed his face. He shook his head. 'No, don't think about it right now. Help Evan' Ben told himself as he walked over to where he'd placed his hands on the bed. His fingers were gripping the edge of the bed still as he looked at the ground. Ben walked over before he knelt down besides of Evans pointer finger and gingerly placed his hands on the knuckle. He watched as Evan jointed his head up, almost ripping his hand away, but he stayed still. "Evan. I told you this before but I'll say it again. I trust you." He said with a smile as he looked to the humans deep brown eyes.

Evan looked at Ben in surprise when he felt the slightest touch on his knuckle. He looked at his small form as Ben knelt down by his hand. He was so so incredibly small. It made Evans heart skip a beat. Then he said those words. Those words that he'd said in his mind to him last. 'I trust you' he played it back in his mind. He shook his head internally. "Ben-" he took a long pause. "I know but.. you hardly know me. We've only known each other for a few days. How can you trust me?" He asked as he looked at him with a pained face.

"Evan" Ben said softly as he walked closer to Evan's face. Evan scooted back in response but tried to stay still. "You may have only just met me.." he took a pause. "but I've known you for a long time." He said trying to make this as not creepy as possible. "Ever since I got here I've seen you and the other human. I've seen how you two interacted. I had to learn your schedules in order to be safe, ya know? Though.. while doing that I learned more about you" he gave a soft smile as he walked closer. "I've seen how you are Evan. I know you more than you would think.. and actually.. as time went on and I watched you.." He said as he put his hand to Evans nose. "I actually started to pretend that you were my friend" he said with a weak smile. "I know you Evan, and I trust you" he said with confidence.