Lies

Kris sat quietly at the side of the human as he ate from a chip the size of himself he'd grabbed from the boul. He covered his ears when the human turned on the TV. As soon as he'd noticed Kris's trouble the human turned down the volume . He didn't pay attention to anything that the human said, he didn't care. He was just thinking of ways to go home. That was all he wanted. He just wanted to go home and see ben. 'BEN!' he thought to himself as he sat up a bit straighter. 'Somehow if Ben could manage to see him.. then.. perhaps Ben could try and rescue him?.. No, No that was dumb. Ben would just end up getting captured too and that was the last thing Kris wanted. He just wanted this whole thing to be over. Kris sighed as he once again deflated back into his depressive state.

"So uhm.. Is there anything you want to watch?" Andrew asked the little guy sitting next to him, eating a chip almost as large as himself. Just as he expected Kris gave no response so Andrew just decided to put on a youtube compilation of funny videos he hucked up from his phone. He'd seen most of them before, though he was mostly just paying attention to Kris in his side eye to see if he'd give any reaction to the video. It did  seem that for a few clips where someone fell or hit the self in the face Kris found it amusing. Andrew gave a smirk when he noticed this. But he also noticed that when a cat or dog came on scene he'd never laugh and his face would change from one of light amusion to one of annoyance. "Dont like animals, huh?" he asked as a passion comment, though his head turned to face Kris as he heard him scoff. "What? What's so weird about that question" Andrew asked, knowing that they were probably dangerous to him, but if this was a way to get Kris to talk to him he'd act oblivious to it.

"Animals are dangerous. They either kill us like a dogs or cats, or they alert humans of something living in the wall, like mice or rats." He said as he rolled his eyes as if it would be obvious to anyone.

"Yeah I suppose I can understand that, though does that mean you guys don't keep mice as pets or something?" Andrew joked as he looked at Kris who seemed to have let down his tough exterior a bit.

"Well not my family, but B-" Kris abruptly stopped himself before he could finish his statement. He couldn't believe he'd let himself almost slip Ben's name. Wait, what was he even talking about in the first place? He stiffened as he realized that the human must have tricked him, making him let down his guard by showing him videos and then almost got him to spill important information. God, Kris felt like he could just split his head in two with a rock given how dumb he felt. He kept his mouth shut, though he knew the human would no doubt have questions. He'd decide later if he'd talk or not. He'd only do it if he was close to fighting out there were more borrowers out there.

"But what?" Andrew asked

Kris let out a soft groan as he knew this would be the case. He kept his mouth shut as he looked away.

"Oh come on, please just tell me?" Andrew said quietly as he leaned in closer to Kris.

Kris let out a sigh. He knew this human would just keep asking if he didn't make something up, or he'd come to the conclusion on his own. "I have heard stories of my ancestors having mice as pets" he said quietly. Hoping that would be good enough for the human. Since it was an 'ancestor' that would mean they have already died off, not letting him know there were more borrowers besides Kris an his..  family. His Family. He'd have to make something up about them. He'd have to tell this human that they were dead. "The stories are a bit fuzzy though.. I haven't uh.. seen anyone like me in a long time.." he said hesitantly. Hoping to clear up anything before this human got ideas and tried to look for more borrowers. He'd feel awake if everyone in the building had to move because if one cute pjs human. Though he legitimately didn't know if there were any other borrowers besides him and Ben in this apartment building.