11 | Four

I stumble out of the doors, falling down

I stumble out of the doors, falling down. The pain in my wrist is so insufferable I almost pass out. Almost. I try to stand up but the cuts and bruises on my arms and legs make me wince.

Stand up Kat, don't be such a weak. It's just a little pain.

Little pain my a-

"Your highness, oh my god!" a guard rushes to me, kneeling down. They're prohibited to touch us unless we give them permission to or if it's an emergency, so he's just moving his hands around.

"Lift, me...up", I manage through breaths and he loops my hand over his shoulder before bringing me up to my feet. My knees wobble and he has to wrap an arm around my waist to keep me steady.

"Where to, your highness?"

I look around and see the whole place deserted. All rooms are in the west wing of the palace, I'm in the east, and if I were to walk... or rather wobble there, I'd for sure pass out.

"Uhh" I pause, then stand up straight, "Is there anyone I know around here?". Although I trust the guards, I'll feel safer if someone I knew was around.

"His and her majesties are in a meeting, your personal maid I assume might still be in your room"

"Oh- well then-"

"Your highness!"

"Your highness!"

I look to my left and see the twins... Sophie and Meghan rushing towards me.

"Oh, jolly good." I smile when they come near me.

"You won't mind accompanying me to my bed chambers would you, Meg and Soph?"

They blush at my nicknames for them, then, "Of course not your-"

"It's Kat"

"Kat.."

"Alright then, thank you, sir, for helping me up, they'll take me from here", I turn to the guard.

"Anytime, your highness", he bows before walking away.

"Okay, I didn't want to make a fuss but I think I might have a sprained ankle", I wince and almost fall over but the twins lift me up from either side.

"That looks bad", Sophie bends to look at my leg.

"It hurts, even more, one of you strong enough to lift me up?" I joke and they look startled.

"I'm just joking, let's just, walk shall we?" I ask, and they nod before leading me through the halls.

"Might I ask what you were doing to get such a bad bruise, your- Kat?" Meghan inquires.

"Look at my wrist", I wince when my ankle stings, "And then in my pocket"

They look at my wrist and count the tattoos. "Seven?! Last I saw was three" Soph says.