17 | Five

It's been a month since the whole

It's been a month since the whole... killing a person fiasco, and since then, I've gotten five stints done.

Yes, five, within a month!

One stint was being truthful to Theo and telling him everything... which I'm so glad I did.

Sixteen stints down, four more to go.

I'm too excited to meet Theo, he's perfect... and he's all mine.

"Daydreaming about your soulmate again, your highness?" Nelson walks in, sword in hand.

After fencing for three hours straight, I couldn't help but go jump in a pool, somewhere around the palace. Picking the easiest and closest one, I jumped inside the gym pool, fully clothed.

"Shut up" I blush, for some reason remembering when Theo dirty talked... well dirty wrote to me... multiple times.

That man has a way with his words, I tell you.

"Oh god, we cannot even have a proper conversation now, can we?"

I look up, "Hmm what?"

"I asked you, whether you are ready to learn to backflip yet... seeing the way you did indeed backflip into the pool earlier"

"That's different, it's the pool, not the ground where I'm bound to get hurt"

"Not if I help you"

"Nelson, in no world, am I going to do a backflip, ever, so let me be"

"And yet every time I do one, you say that I cheat... don't you?"

I glare at him, and he raises his eyebrow, and I splash water at him and he loses his balance and falls in the pool.

Just then, his soulmate walks in, looking... well, angry.

"NELSON DRANSFIELD!"

I shake from the sound of her voice.

She looks over to me, before bowing, "Your highness"

"Curtana" I nod.

Nelson comes back to the surface, gasping for breath, then sees Cura before going back underwater.

"Oh no, you come back up this instant!"

Nelson slowly surfaces, only his eyes above the water.

"You, you monster!"

"If I may... what did he do?"

Cura turns to me, "Your big idiotic instructor... your highness, tore my favorite breeches in half, using it to 'clean his dagger'"

"Ah!" I gasp dramatically, looking at Nelson.

"I didn't know they were your favorite!"

"I have told you a million times that they were my favorite!"