19 | Twenty

There's a knock on the door, and a maid speaks, "Y-Your highness, I have your s-soup

There's a knock on the door, and a maid speaks, "Y-Your highness, I have your s-soup."

"I don't need soup! I need answers!" I yell, then apologize and let her come in.

She keeps looking down the whole time she sets my table but keeps glancing at me every once in a while.

"Is there something on my face?" I chuckle.

"S-Sorry?"

"You kept glancing at me"

She turns red, then bows, "I'm really sorry your highness I didn't mean to do that I just-" she stops, then blushes before bowing again.

She looks as if she's in her early twenties, with black hair, dark skin, and ... some color eyes.

"You just?" I tease.

Ahh, the fun of being a prince.

"... it's nothing, your highness, will that be all?"

"Actually no" I smile, and she freezes.

"What may I help you with?"

Okay so I've been dying to ask someone to do this for me... but I can't... so this seems like a good opportunity.

"So, you know that my soulmate has mostly completed all her stints, right?"

She nods, "Yes, it's everywhere on the news your highness"

"Okay so when I finally go find her, I want to give her some kind of... memorandum let's say... and she loves dresses"

Not really, but I think it'll be funny to tease her.

"And you look like the perfect person to model for me. Because you know, I have like twenty dresses and I can't try them on myself now can I?"

Her eyes grow to the size of saucers.

They're blue, by the way.

"M-Me... modeling for the crown prince?!"

"I'll pay you, obviously. Thousand pounds per dress? So, twenty thousand altogether... will that be enough? How about thousand five hundred per dress?"

She looks as if she might fail.

"It's just for one day" I go on, "Just the whole day, all you have to do is put on the dresses and like, show me"

She's not breathing... I think.

"So, will you do it?"

Taking in a deep breath, she nods, "Will I do it? Of course, I'll do it, oh my god, I can finally pay for my brother's tuition fees... I can buy my dad that ring he's been wanting for months... I can buy my mother a whole box of her favorite chocolates... oh my thirty thousand pounds... wow" she rambles, then apologizes when she catches me looking.